12 tons of copper ore
Move 250 tons of soil to obtain:
12 kg of Lithium
30 pounds of nickels
22 kg of manganese
15 pounds of Cobalt
100 Kg of rams
200 kg of aluminum, steel, and plastic.

The Caterpillar 994A used for earthmoving consumes 1000 liters of diesel in 12 hours. Not to mention all of the other equipment.

Finally, you get a “zero emissions” car.
Been seeing this crap all over Facebook.

A person that is in the brewery bike group posted something just like this with a different picture of the battery pack. A bunch of that persons friends posted all this crap about how it’s so bad to have an ev this and that crap.

I posted on there on why Tesla and other car manufacturers get such a bad wrap but other companies like cell phone companies, tool manufacturers or battery makers don’t get called out since they also use lithium ion batteries and such, which prob require the same processing or raw materials.

Been 3 days and haven’t heard a peep from anyone.

Easy to jump on the blame game bandwagon but if you use your brain just a bit to realize it’s not just automakers….

^^ truth. I could move to Texas, pay cash for a house 2x the size of my current place. Even if property taxes were a higher percentage, they’d probably still be lower than my current property taxes. So, I could live high on the hog if I went to Texas. Then I wouldn’t need $5M to retire…

As for retirement talk - yeah, leave my super slow, minuscule progress Integra build alone!! We could put together a retirement thread what people do to sock money away, if they’re putting it away, retirement goals, investments, etc

Personally, I'm really burnt out from living in a semi-rural suburb, and I'm having too much fun in the city to move back anytime soon. They have bare-bones housing for sale back home for high $100Ks, but my problem with them had to do with their construction. They're all-wood (Which is not safe here), and really cheaply put together, to the point where I felt like they were a bad idea.

High $100's... Like $180k/$190k.. Damn I'd like to see these houses. Just curious on size of the house/lot. Yeah I get they are cutting costs to get the price down.

Been seeing this crap all over Facebook.

A person that is in the brewery bike group posted something just like this with a different picture of the battery pack. A bunch of that persons friends posted all this crap about how it’s so bad to have an ev this and that crap.

I posted on there on why Tesla and other car manufacturers get such a bad wrap but other companies like cell phone companies, tool manufacturers or battery makers don’t get called out since they also use lithium ion batteries and such, which prob require the same processing or raw materials.

Been 3 days and haven’t heard a peep from anyone.

Easy to jump on the blame game bandwagon but if you use your brain just a bit to realize it’s not just automakers….

:eek: :barf:

1702988236634.jpeg

Taylor Swift owns two planes: a Dassault Falcon 7x and a Dassault Falcon 900. According to Daily Mail... in three months her journeys to see #TravisKelce have used up 12,622 gallons of jet fuel.

Based on statistics tracked by Taylor Swift's Jets on Instagram, the hitmaker's trips have produced 138 tons of CO2 emission to date.

The singer would need to plant 2,282 trees and allow these to grow for 10 years in order to offset the environmental damage caused by her flights.

^^ truth. I could move to Texas, pay cash for a house 2x the size of my current place. Even if property taxes were a higher percentage, they’d probably still be lower than my current property taxes. So, I could live high on the hog if I went to Texas. Then I wouldn’t need $5M to retire…

But do you really need a house twice the square footage as your current house? lol

Our house is probably 1/2 or 1/3 the size of your house... I've always wanted a bigger house with more square footage/bigger yard (not a huge one lol) but it's just the wife and I so it would be a waste. I mean yeah I'd like maybe my own office and maybe a basement but we have it good here.

As for retirement talk - yeah, leave my super slow, minuscule progress Integra build alone!! We could put together a retirement thread what people do to sock money away, if they’re putting it away, retirement goals, investments, etc

:giggle: It's my build and I can do what I want!

@bootyluvr My house is kinda average - 1730 sq ft, 3 bed/2.5 bath, 2 car garage. It’s just expensive because of the adjacent town that has mega billionaires living there.

2200-2500 sq ft would be ideal with 4 beds and a 3 car garage. Have a dedicated office, have a guest room, have space for a basic gym room, bigger living spaces. Around here, those are coming in at close to $1.5-2M unless you grab a 60 year old house that needs a ton of work, then you might be able to slide in at $1-1.3M

High $100's... Like $180k/$190k.. Damn I'd like to see these houses. Just curious on size of the house/lot. Yeah I get they are cutting costs to get the price down.

The developer that's building them is called Lennar-- they make small-ish houses for pretty reasonable prices. You'll notice that a lot of these houses are really long and narrow; That's to reduce the lot line -- they're really close together. The developments near me have a decent cost ratio, but moving to them replicates my previous problem at a greater cost, since I'd be back to commuting for hours every morning again and losing a lot of the local conveniences.

https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/texas/dallas-ft-worth/ferris/ferris-springs/bristol/14639521b19

This is about what I could realistically afford currently. It's a cute little place, but when I see these developments outside of the photoshopped ads you get online and in the mail, they're less impressive. 200K isn't a lot of money to most folks, but it's potentially the most I've ever spent on anything, and I'm afraid of wasting it on something that's not built for our climate and will fall apart in a handful of years just because I'm anxious to be a homeowner :(. This would be about a 300 square foot upgrade from where I live now, which means I'd basically be gaining an extra bedroom as this floorplan doesn't seem to have a garage. I know a starter home isn't supposed to be amazing, but I'd feel better buying something older and just working with that.

This is a great idea! It could help financial stooges like me, lol.
Start young. Even if it's only a small amount start saving/investing young. Wish I did. My investments are doing really good right now but they go up and down I just check them way too often.

Makes sense about the housing in Texas. Just funny that I keep seeing reels on Instagram about them.

I know I do! :rotfl: We went down a bedroom, and then later gained a kid :rotfl:

I forget where you moved to... I mean I know Florida but thought you moved once or twice since moving from Georgia.

@bootyluvr My house is kinda average - 1730 sq ft, 3 bed/2.5 bath, 2 car garage. It’s just expensive because of the adjacent town that has mega billionaires living there.

2200-2500 sq ft would be ideal with 4 beds and a 3 car garage. Have a dedicated office, have a guest room, have space for a basic gym room, bigger living spaces. Around here, those are coming in at close to $1.5-2M unless you grab a 60 year old house that needs a ton of work, then you might be able to slide in at $1-1.3M

1730 sq ft with a 2-car garage would be nice. But yeah not living close to mega billionaires lol

My house (technically we rent from my MIL) is 1120 sq ft - 3 bedroom/1 bath - no garage - no driveway - no parking pad (can't make one either). I am definitely not complaining with the setup we have. Don't think I'm doing that. We are very fortunate and of course when my MIL passes away we will get the house.

I get what @Honda-Fan is saying with the houses though. My neighbor sold their house (2 bed / 1 bath - 912 sq ft) for...... $240k! They listed it for $234,900 on Friday October 27th and on Sunday October 29th (4pm) they didn't take anymore offers! :eek: I just don't think it's worth it.

Built in 1942 - No Central Air - The sunroom/back room isn't heated - .10 acre lot

I don't care if ya'll know where I live but this is the listing -> https://www.zillow.com/homes/28-dogwood-drive-21220_rb/36285568_zpid/

It's perfect for the girl that bought it. She's very nice. Younger. No kids. She has a cat.

Edit: I looked up Property Value and it's assessed for $155,100 as of July 2023.

The developer that's building them is called Lennar-- they make small-ish houses for pretty reasonable prices. You'll notice that a lot of these houses are really long and narrow; That's to reduce the lot line -- they're really close together. The developments near me have a decent cost ratio, but moving to them replicates my previous problem at a greater cost, since I'd be back to commuting for hours every morning again and losing a lot of the local conveniences.

https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/texas/dallas-ft-worth/ferris/ferris-springs/bristol/14639521b19

This is about what I could realistically afford currently. It's a cute little place, but when I see these developments outside of the photoshopped ads you get online and in the mail, they're less impressive. 200K isn't a lot of money to most folks, but it's potentially the most I've ever spent on anything, and I'm afraid of wasting it on something that's not built for our climate and will fall apart in a handful of years just because I'm anxious to be a homeowner :(. This would be about a 300 square foot upgrade from where I live now, which means I'd basically be gaining an extra bedroom as this floorplan doesn't seem to have a garage. I know a starter home isn't supposed to be amazing, but I'd feel better buying something older and just working with that.

You said "hours" to commute to work? I guess I'm spoiled with my short commute. When I worked at the main office (2006-2012ish) it was about 45 minutes to get to work (it was only 15 miles).

Yeah definitely gotta weigh the options.

Start young. Even if it's only a small amount start saving/investing young. Wish I did. My investments are doing really good right now but they go up and down I just check them way too often.

Makes sense about the housing in Texas. Just funny that I keep seeing reels on Instagram about them.

Saving I can do! It's the other fancier stuff I'm foggy on.

I've been saving since I began working, mainly because only until somewhat recently have I had any form of a retirement account or insurance (places here can be kinda stingy) ; I'm dipping my toes into investing, but I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I'm mostly in on some ETFs.

You mentioned a financial advisor -- is that what it sounds like? Is that like a service you pay for to do stock stuff on your behalf?

You are my age right? Yeah fortunately my dad was very frugal and always told me to save. My mom on the other hand.... spend it and don't tell your father :hiding:
I'm glad my wife has the same financial mentality as I do... I don't think I could be with a woman that spends spends spends and those that hide it from the husband/man... Granted the husband/man should be involved in the financial aspect.

Edit: Looked at your profile. Yes we are both 38.

You said "hours" to commute to work? I guess I'm spoiled with my short commute. When I worked at the main office (2006-2012ish) it was about 45 minutes to get to work (it was only 15 miles).

Yeah definitely gotta weigh the options.

Before I moved to where I am now ( -10 min commute ), it was taking about an hour and a half to two hours to get to and from work.

HOW!?!?

at this point the threat of moving dampens any motivation to look outside the commutable area for new jobs

HOW!?!?

at this point the threat of moving dampens any motivation to look outside the commutable area for new jobs
Outgrew the house?

I've only lived in 2 places in my entire 38 years... My parents and my current residence :hiding: I've been here since 2012 when I got married lol

HOW!?!?

We’re driving about 35+ minutes one-way to take the kids to school. House size. Land space. Kinda getting tired of people using the road directly behind our house as a speedway, or a place to freely release firearms.

Outgrew the house?

I've only lived in 2 places in my entire 38 years... My parents and my current residence :hiding: I've been here since 2012 when I got married lol
So when I was under a year my family moved into the house they just sold some years back. Until I moved into the apartment with Robert in 2011, after we got engaged, that’s all I had ever known.

Then from apartment it was
Rental townhouse 2012
House my MIL owned 2013?
Our first house in Woodstock 2014
Rental house in Orlando 2018
House we were last in 2018
House we are currently in 2022

Robert noticed a bunch of debris on the M3s in the garage…

img_5342-jpeg.66507

Attachments

• IMG_5342.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back