Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I would swap but that’s me. Could get like $600-$800 for the used wheels or baller winter setup, lol
Might sell the car soon so buying 4 might be a waste.

Got a bad review. Sucks because this van is a POS they just bought from a used car lot like a 2003 caravan. When I looked at it it needed a bunch of work, hence the 5k estimate. And I didn't act up when I drove it twice so I couldn't quote the part to fix their problem. They also mentioned the transmission is slipping which it wasn't. Ac compressor sounded like ****. Pisses me off.

1000006038.png

Might sell the car soon so buying 4 might be a waste.

Got a bad review. Sucks because this van is a POS they just bought from a used car lot like a 2003 caravan. When I looked at it it needed a bunch of work, hence the 5k estimate. And I didn't act up when I drove it twice so I couldn't quote the part to fix their problem. They also mentioned the transmission is slipping which it wasn't. Ac compressor sounded like ****. Pisses me off.

Sucks about the bad review. :bighug:

And I thought you weren't selling the car? :think:

Man…what a day. The rear deck stain didn’t turn out well. Looks like the roller was putting too much product so after 24hrs of drying, the stain is a bit tacky and has a bunch of small blotches. Gonna give it another 24hrs and see if it gets better.

Wife and I did the front porch, rear stairs and side entrance all today with 3inch paint brushes. The finish is WAY better and the color is a little lighter, which we like more and is def drying as intended. Way more work with the brush but results are really nice.

The skirting will have to be done another day. No rain till next weekend so should be good.

Got a tiny 5 min sprinkle today and was overcast all day with high humidity, which all didn’t help the drying of the rear deck.

IMG_1410.jpegIMG_1411.jpeg

it looks nice. Humidity prob hurt your back deck from drying. Humidity can really mess with paints and stains

Did you put pre-stain down? That’ll even out the wood. I had to do opaque stain on my patio cover because the contractor messed up the clear stain so bad.

Sucks about the bad review. :bighug:

And I thought you weren't selling the car? :think:
Review is bull ****. I'm over it. Customer sucks. Also worked on it like 3 or 4 weeks ago and just decided to make a review 5 days ago? Sounds like their issue got more frequent and easy to diagnose.

The car isn't working out here. Wife doesn't like the truck as much as I hoped. I'd take the truck and she would get a POS beater of some sort. Pocket the rest of the cash.

Did you put pre-stain down? That’ll even out the wood. I had to do opaque stain on my patio cover because the contractor messed up the clear stain so bad.
No, didn't know such a thing existed, lol. It's been 15 or so years since I've stained any exterior wood. But you can def tell a difference in the amount of product being down when you compare the two decks. It def seemed that the rear had a bit too much but I though it would soak in eventually. Should have known better. Plus I put down the stain about 8 hours after pressure washing. I wanted to wait till the next day but the wife did not. :rolleyes:

IMG_1160.jpegIMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpegIMG_1075.jpeg
Been remodeling our house for the last couple of months now. Almost ready to put the walls back into the house. But finding some crappy construction from before. Current state of our kitchen vs before.

Looks like it’s coming along nicely. It looks “clean” for a construction zone honestly

I take it that wall in front of the stairs is load bearing?

Yeah. Right there across the from the stairs is the back corner of part of our upstairs. It's got a load path right there. We weren't planning on a post and beam...but it happened. So, we're having it be the corner of our new island. A 4' opening with the fridge on one side and the island on the other side. Did the best we could without having to restructure the rafters and put in a 30' beam. I think it cost us about $1000 to go that route vs. $30k to go with the other way.

Yeah. Right there across the from the stairs is the back corner of part of our upstairs. It's got a load path right there. We weren't planning on a post and beam...but it happened. So, we're having it be the corner of our new island. A 4' opening with the fridge on one side and the island on the other side. Did the best we could without having to restructure the rafters and put in a 30' beam. I think it cost us about $1000 to go that route vs. $30k to go with the other way.
Yeah, we ran into something similar with the back doors on the house. We wanted 2 large doors but the cost of the doors and the beams was insane! Plus is we would of gone with 2 doors, then when you open the front door you would see a 1ft wide wall that would of supported 2 beams. Now you just see the glass doors and basically see to the outside.

I'd rock a Ridgeline. But don't want to spend almost $46k (USD) for the Trailsport lol

PXL_20240430_192604010.jpg

Was this the guy that said on TV that is he was found dead that it would not ne of his doing?

It is pretty crazy that things we see in the movies are/may be happening in real life. lol

Was this the guy that said on TV that is he was found dead that it would not ne of his doing?

It is pretty crazy that things we see in the movies are/may be happening in real life. lol
no, that was another boeing employee

Back