Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Only 45 years old... Wow.
Crazy how people/companies will kill you to save their asses.

Hmmm I feel like the amount of copper in that cable wouldn’t be worth doing that. A pound of copper is worth around $4.50. I’m actually surprised they don’t have cameras at the stations. There are cameras all around Tesla vehicles.

probably not a ton of copper, especially since Tesla cords dont have as many conductors as the CCS ones, but still, to someone looking to get the scrap money, its something

I’ve now seen 4x as many Cybertrucks as I have seen ITS’. They’re popping up everywhere.

I’ve now seen 4x as many Cybertrucks as I have seen ITS’. They’re popping up everywhere.
I was watching a YouTube video and the guy counted like 6 or so of them in one day.
Of course it was California.. lol

lol no. One was a couple of blocks from my house while walking my dogs. It was there for a week and then hasn’t been there since.

A couple around down - one parked downtown, one in Bellevue, and one yesterday by the JP Trodden distillery in the next town over.

I picked up an older Husqvarna push mower for free the other day. Owner said he went to start it for the first time this year and it ran but died after a minute. I figured it would be an easy fix so I picked it up. My current mower sounds like it's going to throw the rod out the block half way through cutting my lawn so I'm in the market and free is great.

I have spent a few hours at work trying to figure this thing out with no results. Changed fuel. Cleaned the carb like 3 times. Made sure all jets and ports are flowing. But I cannot figure it out.

It starts with the choke. Choke auto turns off on its own. When that happens it dies. Some times it throws sick flames out the exhaust and back fires. Sounds like memorial day ( I was in the US last year, crazy you guys just shoot guns in the air ).

If I manually close the throttle it will run at very low rpm until it dies. Being a mechanic this is destroying me. Some say it needs a new carb. Carb is $32 on Amazon. But my coworker said he has an almost new mower for $100. Such a hard decision.

Some times it throws sick flames out the exhaust and back fires.

NOT BROKEN, LEAVE IT THIS WAY

D7262B5D6657FCBBCDD53A2FD78241E728E4476A

I picked up an older Husqvarna push mower for free the other day
It may be worth trying to remove the carb/jet and soak it in coke or white vinegar. I've seen other people do this with insane results even after like an hour or two. Gas is so bad with ethanol, I'd wager they didn't drain the gas over a winter and it's clogged with gunk somewhere. A dollar or two of coke or white vinegar would be worth a try before buying the new carb. I bought a new carb for a mower before (for like 20 bucks on amazon) when I couldn't get the mower to stay working. Afterwards I learned of the coke or vinegar trick. The mower instantly started with the new carb. I never let gas sit in small engines since, and they've been fine since. Seeing as how you're mechanically inclined, I'd say it's worth trying first

It may be worth trying to remove the carb/jet and soak it in coke or white vinegar. I've seen other people do this with insane results even after like an hour or two. Gas is so bad with ethanol, I'd wager they didn't drain the gas over a winter and it's clogged with gunk somewhere. A dollar or two of coke or white vinegar would be worth a try before buying the new carb. I bought a new carb for a mower before (for like 20 bucks on amazon) when I couldn't get the mower to stay working. Afterwards I learned of the coke or vinegar trick. The mower instantly started with the new carb. I never let gas sit in small engines since, and they've been fine since. Seeing as how you're mechanically inclined, I'd say it's worth trying first
Yeah. My next step was soaking it in something over night. After that I might give up. I can't see coke being good for it though. Lots of sugar to make stuff sticky. I could be wrong. I have carb cleaner at work I can probably use.

I leave gas sitting in every lawn mower I've owned. Lol.

Yeah. My next step was soaking it in something over night. After that I might give up. I can't see coke being good for it though. Lots of sugar to make stuff sticky. I could be wrong. I have carb cleaner at work I can probably use.

I leave gas sitting in every lawn mower I've owned. Lol.
The phosphoric acid in coke supposedly breaks down the gunk. You’d want to spray it out with carb cleaner after on both soaking methods I mentioned.

I had to double check to see if you guys have ethanol gas, and a few sites said Canadian gas as of 2022 required all gas grades to have 10% ethanol. I would say you’ve been lucky to leave gas all winter and not have issues in spring (unless ethanol gas wasn’t common prior to 2022?). Either way, I would say take a couple min at the end of whatever season to empty small engine carbs and run the tool dry.

My mower is prob on its last legs. I think I might of added too much oil at the beginning of the season. Last 3 mows(i've mowed like 10 times already), after about 20-30 mins of mowing, the mower with just blow out a ton of white smoke and stop. Then I see oil coming out of the exhaust. I let it sit for a little bit and run it again. White smoke still comes out but faintly and for about 2-3 mins then goes back to normal. This last mow(2days ago) when the white smoke happened I thought I heard it knocking a couple strokes before it died, but then ran like normal with no strange noises. I changed the plug and air filter this year on it.

I've always left gas in the mowers after the season is over. It's been like 20 years now on 2 different mowers, lol. Last mower was given away and it still ran. Current mower is still kicking after 10 years or so.

Current mower is a Troy-Built brand with a briggs and straton motor. Last one was a Craftsman mower with also a briggs and straton motor. Both are/were push mowers with the self propel thing up front.

Back