Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

We get 10 sick days from the company. If you don’t use them, it’s prorated by 50% and rolled over year to year.

If you cash them out, they’re further prorated by 50% and then cap out at 50% of your baseline pay. In short, if you don’t use your sick days, and you try to cash out that time, you get 25% out of that time. I have a month of sick days because I don’t like using them….

We get 10 sick days from the company. If you don’t use them, it’s prorated by 50% and rolled over year to year.

If you cash them out, they’re further prorated by 50% and then cap out at 50% of your baseline pay. In short, if you don’t use your sick days, and you try to cash out that time, you get 25% out of that time. I have a month of sick days because I don’t like using them….
always nice when your employer is awesome. i have always gone to work sick because ive always been too busy to take a day off. as i get old i appreciate any extra time off now that im not as needed as much as i was at my old place.

I get only 8 holiday paid days since we are in the retail business and 5 days worth of sick days but I don't usually take them and pretty sure I just loose them at the end of the year. I also get 10 days or personal days but "difficult to use" and pretty sure I loose those at the end of the year also. i believe vacation days cap out at 20 days.

I say "difficult" since last time I tried using them, I was rejected. Basically ran out of vacation paid days off and was not allows to use personal days off to make up for running out of vacation days.

Really just depends on employer. Last jobs I could use sick and vacation days as I pleased but could cash out any unused time off after 1.5 years and it was paid out at 100%. Capped out at a max pay out of days at some point but can't remember now.

Damn.... 25% is nothing.. I mean I get you don't know if something will come up and you will need them.. but just to lose them. Makes sense why people call out even if they aren't sick.. I'm not that type though.

I think I've called out twice in 17 years. All legit reasons.

I'm not sure how many sick days I get per year... I'll have to check that on Monday. :think:

I know they carry over and I have around 250 days. You can use that towards your retirement but it's not 1 for 1. I think it's 12 months of sick time = 10 months added to your retirement.

I get only 8 holiday paid days since we are in the retail business and 5 days worth of sick days but I don't usually take them and pretty sure I just loose them at the end of the year. I also get 10 days or personal days but "difficult to use" and pretty sure I loose those at the end of the year also. i believe vacation days cap out at 20 days.

I say "difficult" since last time I tried using them, I was rejected. Basically ran out of vacation paid days off and was not allows to use personal days off to make up for running out of vacation days.

Really just depends on employer. Last jobs I could use sick and vacation days as I pleased but could cash out any unused time off after 1.5 years and it was paid out at 100%. Capped out at a max pay out of days at some point but can't remember now.

See... here personal days (we get 3 of them) can be used for whatever. They technically can't deny them. I can call out Monday at 630am saying I want to use a personal day and they have to approve it. I mean unless you are abusing time or have something against you they are fine.

Damn that was nice about your previous employer letting you cash it out at 100%!

May I ask why you left your previous employer? I forget... I know you have been with the current for 3-4 years?

i basically count on the annual sellback to fund stupid things, like last years sell back made the downpayment on the car. Sick and personal time are the same pool, I can sell back once a year for 100% current salary value, cant sell below 80hrs in the bank and cant carry more than 300. Anything earned above 300 just disappears. During the pandemic we had people with 800+ hrs they made us all spend it down taking random days and set the 300hr cap

so you think his pool is done right? did he use his company or someone else?

51 is still crazy young to retire.

Moving it here to not clutter Foo's thread.

I mean who knows what will happen in 13 years.. I might stay longer. Go work part time somewhere.. Who knows.

May I ask why you left your previous employer? I forget... I know you have been with the current for 3-4 years?
To get paid a little more and mainly work from home. Also the work atmosphere was getting pretty stupid.

Back