12 tons of copper ore
Move 250 tons of soil to obtain:
12 kg of Lithium
30 pounds of nickels
22 kg of manganese
15 pounds of Cobalt
100 Kg of rams
200 kg of aluminum, steel, and plastic.

The Caterpillar 994A used for earthmoving consumes 1000 liters of diesel in 12 hours. Not to mention all of the other equipment.

Finally, you get a “zero emissions” car.

Just saw this... Not sure if it's true. :think:

This is a Tesla battery.

406394757_10231328369689746_1585046879278111804_n.jpg

To manufacture it you need:

12 tons of rock for Lithium
5 tons of Cobalt minerals
3 tons of mineral for nickel
12 tons of copper ore
Move 250 tons of soil to obtain:
12 kg of Lithium
30 pounds of nickels
22 kg of manganese
15 pounds of Cobalt
100 Kg of rams
200 kg of aluminum, steel, and plastic.

The Caterpillar 994A used for earthmoving consumes 1000 liters of diesel in 12 hours. Not to mention all of the other equipment.

Finally, you get a “zero emissions” car.

It's a zero emissions car, but it's not a zero-pollution car.

I went to a movie grill thingy for the first time Friday

I think I liked it a lot more than everyone else. I'm gonna go back, lol.

are you heavily invested in the stock market? If so, does he pick your stocks/funds?
i think so, im invested in mutual funds and gic's. i think that includes stock markets. and yes, they pick it all. been guaranteed 5% interest locking in for a year. ive made some decent money since june putting my house money in.

Yep. So the mutual funds would be in the stock market, and the GIC's are essentially what we call a CD in the states. It's a set guaranteed rate of return on the money you invest with a set date for when you can remove it without penalty.

I went to a movie grill thingy for the first time Friday

I think I liked it a lot more than everyone else. I'm gonna go back, lol.

A what? Movie grill thingy? Never heard of it.. You watch a movie while you grill food?

A what? Movie grill thingy? Never heard of it.. You watch a movie while you grill food?
prob like this
Webby's right!

Basically, it's a theatre but with a long bar-style table in front of your row. There's stadium seating with tall level separators, so there's usually only like 4 rows of seating per theatre. During the movie, you can write what you'd like to be served from the menu on a little card, and post it on a small designated holder on your table. The staff will then serve you food during the movie -- which to me is a nicer than just concession food and a drink for the same price.

Before you ask, no, the staff operate out of sight so they don't block your view -- the theatre is designed in such a way that the table in front of you sits above a dug-out level beneath you where they can serve food without disturbing you. My coworkers didn't really like it because they felt like there was too much commotion in the theatre, but I thought it was great! I had a big burger and some steak fries and a tall sweet tea and was basically in hog heaven.

Hmm.. interesting.

I'm not a movie person but that's an interesting concept.

I've been to a similar thing years ago. Called it vip theater. Mostly for drinking alcohol though. Think they're trying to reinvent the theater since the pandemic.

@Honda-Fan

I keep seeing these giant houses for sale in Texas for under 400k USD. What's the deal with that? Is Texas a bad place to live?

texas has so much space they just build out, no income tax but property taxes suck, probably helping keep prices low

@Honda-Fan

I keep seeing these giant houses for sale in Texas for under 400k USD. What's the deal with that? Is Texas a bad place to live?
Texas has a lot of undeveloped cities with only a modest amount of people in them, and they're not too far away from big city centers. Because it's such a physically big state, one of the things we have a lot of is undeveloped land. That land is being bought up by (usually out-of-state) developers left and right, and they're filling it up with housing that's largely affordable to people in other markets except our own. 400K is very cheap for many people outside of Texas; I'd never be able to afford that as a local. You can still get a decent deal if you're willing to commute, or are lucky enough to find employment in the suburbs. A lot of our state's revenue comes out of property tax, so expect your house to be appraised at the maximum amount increase each year.

Personally, I'm really burnt out from living in a semi-rural suburb, and I'm having too much fun in the city to move back anytime soon. They have bare-bones housing for sale back home for high $100Ks, but my problem with them had to do with their construction. They're all-wood (Which is not safe here), and really cheaply put together, to the point where I felt like they were a bad idea.

Back