Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Werd....

For whatever reason I read K5 GT but I was picturing a Stinger GT in my head, lol

Werd....

For whatever reason I read K5 GT but I was picturing a Stinger GT in my head, lol
Stingers still have the old type bumper/grille.

GT Line and GT are different engines for the K5 (1.6T/180HP and 2.5T/290HP respectively).

Oddly, you can only get AWD with the GT Line.

Stinger GT has a 3.3L Twin Turbo at 365HP.

I would have loved to get a Stinger. More than I wanted to spend though.

Last edited:
So as some of you know I repair appliances for a living. I’m in roughly ten homes a day. Thanks to Covid I have to deal with assholes who refuse to leave their Zoom meetings to talk to me about what their units are and aren’t doing. Just now I stood outside of this house and waited ten minutes for someone to open the door. The wife comes running with a laptop in her hand and says she’s in a conference call before running to some other part of the house. The husband comes upstairs and, while on the phone, points to the kitchen. I tried asking what was going on with their fridge and hood but both of them ignored me before disappearing. I waited a few minutes and took off. I’m sure they’ll call the store and complain but I don’t care.
Is this the new norm? Do you guys just ignore workers in your homes? It’s infuriating.

So as some of you know I repair appliances for a living. I’m in roughly ten homes a day. Thanks to Covid I have to deal with assholes who refuse to leave their Zoom meetings to talk to me about what their units are and aren’t doing. Just now I stood outside of this house and waited ten minutes for someone to open the door. The wife comes running with a laptop in her hand and says she’s in a conference call before running to some other part of the house. The husband comes upstairs and, while on the phone, points to the kitchen. I tried asking what was going on with their fridge and hood but both of them ignored me before disappearing. I waited a few minutes and took off. I’m sure they’ll call the store and complain but I don’t care.
Is this the new norm? Do you guys just ignore workers in your homes? It’s infuriating.

It’s probably the new normal. When I’ve had contractors or other service people in my house, I’ve tried to coordinate so I don’t have meetings at the same time. I try to make sure they know what needs to be done and that I don’t hover over them while they do their work. But it’s not perfect and it’s a tough balance for me.

But it’s happened once when I was on a call with a group of airline executives on the other side of the world and I was presenting information. It sucked. I had a contractor outside waiting. I asked for a few minutes from the contractor to hand off the discussion on the call, then gave the contractor the attention for the problem. The contractor was a couple of hours late so it was already a mess.

It’s far from ideal and I very much dislike, having to just constantly work from home. It’s a balancing act for sure.

Its a little awkward, i try to make sure i dont have meetings during the expected time but that almost never works out. I do walk away from the meeting and try to make sure they've got what they need and then fight my personal curiosity about what they're doing and try to go into a different room after letting them know where they can find me

I appreciate the effort, because my wife works from home and I know how hard it can be to handle everything, but some folks don’t even try.
I actually snapped on a guy a couple of months ago because he refused to leave his office or even acknowledge me while I was in his home. Dude’s young daughter opened the door to let me in. We won’t go into homes unless an adult is present so I stood there until the housekeeper popped up and showed me to the kitchen. The entire time I was working on the oven his three underage kids were hovering around while both adults were busy somewhere else. I told him he needed to be more attentive and that he shouldn’t leave strangers with his kids. I was seeing red since I’ve got a three year old daughter of my own.

I appreciate the effort, because my wife works from home and I know how hard it can be to handle everything, but some folks don’t even try.
I actually snapped on a guy a couple of months ago because he refused to leave his office or even acknowledge me while I was in his home. Dude’s young daughter opened the door to let me in. We won’t go into homes unless an adult is present so I stood there until the housekeeper popped up and showed me to the kitchen. The entire time I was working on the oven his three underage kids were hovering around while both adults were busy somewhere else. I told him he needed to be more attentive and that he shouldn’t leave strangers with his kids. I was seeing red since I’ve got a three year old daughter of my own.
That's messed up. Must be different in us, but here its hard to get any work done. I couldn't imagine how hard it is to work in your situations.

Ended up getting a Kia K5 GT Line AWD in Wolf Gray.

Stingers still have the old type bumper/grille.

GT Line and GT are different engines for the K5 (1.6T/180HP and 2.5T/290HP respectively).

Oddly, you can only get AWD with the GT Line.

Stinger GT has a 3.3L Twin Turbo at 365HP.

I would have loved to get a Stinger. More than I wanted to spend though.

Congrats! I like it in the Sapphire Blue :)

GT-Line AWD
$27,690 Starting MSRP

Crazy to think you paid almost $30k for a KIA ;) I'm kidding. Have to mess with you :) They are nice cars. They have came a LONG way in the past 10-15 years. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just checked the dealer close to me (I think - It was the 1st one that said "Baltimore area")... Damn the same model you have they are listing for $32,690! :eek:

Oh it has the premium package... "Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist - Cyclist, Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist - Junction Turn, Gloss Black Pillar & Door Frame Cover, Heated Steering Wheel, Highway Driving Assist, LED Interior Lighting, LED Projection Headlights, Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control - Curve, Panoramic Sunroof, and Smart Cruise Control w/Stop & Go"

Congrats! I like it in the Sapphire Blue :)

GT-Line AWD
$27,690 Starting MSRP

Crazy to think you paid almost $30k for a KIA ;) I'm kidding. Have to mess with you :) They are nice cars. They have came a LONG way in the past 10-15 years. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just checked the dealer close to me (I think - It was the 1st one that said "Baltimore area")... Damn the same model you have they are listing for $32,690! :eek:

Oh it has the premium package... "Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist - Cyclist, Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist - Junction Turn, Gloss Black Pillar & Door Frame Cover, Heated Steering Wheel, Highway Driving Assist, LED Interior Lighting, LED Projection Headlights, Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control - Curve, Panoramic Sunroof, and Smart Cruise Control w/Stop & Go"

My last four cars were blue. It was time to change it up.

Sticker was $30k.

ever have the urge to just buy a new car? looked at the new si online. turns out i can lease one for 5 years for about $20 a week more than im paying for my 9th gen. but then i remember im only a year and a half away from no more payments.

Reactions: Dad
ever have the urge to just buy a new car? looked at the new si online. turns out i can lease one for 5 years for about $20 a week more than im paying for my 9th gen. but then i remember im only a year and a half away from no more payments.
Nope.

No car payment for the last 4 years makes me not want payments again lol

You can blame Squiggy tho

Back