Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Supposed to go see Spider-Man tonight but don’t know if I wanna sit shoulder to shoulder in a packed theater. Regardless of my views on this pandemic I’ve got a few friends, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, who’ve got this crap right now.

I mean, if you want to be irrational, I'm your guy!
should i buy it?
Supposed to go see Spider-Man tonight but don’t know if I wanna sit shoulder to shoulder in a packed theater. Regardless of my views on this pandemic I’ve got a few friends, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, who’ve got this crap right now.
Ontario is having a 4th wave at the moment, went from under 500 cases a day to 2400 yesterday. implementing more restrictions for indoor and outdoor stuff. im nervous to go on my costa rica trip in a week and a half now. if one of my family get it we have to stay an extra 2 weeks and provide a negative test before boarding the plane.

at the moment we have to get a molecular test 72 before boarding the plane, out of pocket about $600 american for 4 people. then take another test at the airport in canada and wait up to 72 hours for results while we quarantine. and the kids have to quarantine for 2 weeks no matter what before they can go back to school, if theres even in class school when we get back. lots of talk of going to online again. plus they have to take another test 8 days after the one at the air port.

Yup, Chicago is going through similar issues. Cases spiked after Thanksgiving. One of my friends, unvaccinated, is having a hard time even taking a shower without losing his breath while the other, a vaccinated coworker, is feeling somewhat fine but can’t work for ten days and has to use his paid time off.

At this point, I’m of the opinion, if I get it, that’s how it is. Seattle area is still pretty cooped up, vax passports, mandatory masking, even restaurants closing indoor dining because they can’t follow all the rules.

I got all the jabs and wanted to return to normal months ago but that’s still not happening. Everybody I know has either had the jabs, has had the illness, or both. So be it I guess. I just want a sense of normalcy back.

Reactions: Dad
should i buy it?

Ontario is having a 4th wave at the moment, went from under 500 cases a day to 2400 yesterday. implementing more restrictions for indoor and outdoor stuff. im nervous to go on my costa rica trip in a week and a half now. if one of my family get it we have to stay an extra 2 weeks and provide a negative test before boarding the plane.

at the moment we have to get a molecular test 72 before boarding the plane, out of pocket about $600 american for 4 people. then take another test at the airport in canada and wait up to 72 hours for results while we quarantine. and the kids have to quarantine for 2 weeks no matter what before they can go back to school, if theres even in class school when we get back. lots of talk of going to online again. plus they have to take another test 8 days after the one at the air port.
That seems pretty crazy.....

When I went to Puerto Rico in April I had just gotten both vaccine shots. So since I had them both, just had to do a PCR test("free" with our insurance) with in 72 hours of the flight to PR. Then get a regular rapid test(included in the hotel fee) 72 hours before the flight back to the US. Thats it.

We quarantined 2 weeks after getting home just to be on the safe side. We also bough a "covid insurance" when we got to PR for $35 a person out of pocket.....this covered our hotel and meals for 2 weeks being "stuck" in PR to wait it out.

That seems pretty crazy.....

When I went to Puerto Rico in April I had just gotten both vaccine shots. So since I had them both, just had to do a PCR test("free" with our insurance) with in 72 hours of the flight to PR. Then get a regular rapid test(included in the hotel fee) 72 hours before the flight back to the US. Thats it.

We quarantined 2 weeks after getting home just to be on the safe side. We also bough a "covid insurance" when we got to PR for $35 a person out of pocket.....this covered our hotel and meals for 2 weeks being "stuck" in PR to wait it out.
US has been doing the rapid tests for a while. i thought they changed it to pcr recently though? costa rica doesnt require a test to enter. my dad is renting a house there so i dont really need insurance, him and his wife are staying for a couple months.

Morning.
4 day work week next week.
Nice. 3-day for me since I have to burn time.
Nice slow Saturday to help ease into a lazy sunday and a [hopefully] slow week
Not for me. Busy AF Saturday. Tomorrow hope to be more chill. Monday will be busy but hopefully rest of the days I work will be quieter.

Back