9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

There's lots of pinheads with Mustangs where I live, but there seems to be more pinheads with WRXs, not that that's deterring me, I'm just getting tired of turbo cars and want either a lightweight higher revving n/a car (brz) or a relatively cheap and reliable V8 car (S197 Mustang)

I'm actually thinking about unmarrying my accessport and going back to the stock map, you don't seem to have any problems with it
not at all, not even sure what problems they could have, but with the car being stock, Subaru will fix it. I am just going with Subaru gives me. Now when I get out of my 100k mi warranty, I'm likely going to go stg 2, but that is a couple years away. But at that point, if I see something I really want more, my car will be worth more cause it is stock.

and want either a lightweight higher revving n/a car (brz) or a relatively cheap and reliable V8 car (S197 Mustang)

2,690 lbs (subaru brz) 7400rpm redline
2,877 lbs (2006+ civic si coupe) 8000rpm
---
187lbs heavier, but 600rpm higher :hiding: :wink1:

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Jason mentioned this event and it seems like a good crowd to go with. I'll have to decide which weekend to go

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I missed everyone this year. I still haven't been able to build up any vacation time and hope to make it this year.

:wave: welcome! this is where all the bad kids are.

So I was getting the thoughts running through my mind of getting a slightly used Mustang GT (4.6) if I decide against the BRZ, it's nice because they're in the mid teens now for a nice example, I always wanted a V8 car before I die
I will eventually put an LS in the bimmer. I have owned a two V8 cars, and my second was a 79 Malibu with a 383 stroker. Not a good car for an 18 y/o. I can't decide if I should just keep the e30 motor stock and run it till it dies, or do a few mods(headers, chip, port/polish). I still have to remove the sunroof case, power windows and locks, and some other non essential parts for its diet. I know the diet is the cheapest performance mod I can do, especially for the Dragon.

I would definitely prefer going with a more veteran group. People I know, and know how they drive. I missed the Subaru/e30 night runs. I have watched the video a few times, and I still can't believe how clean that run was.

I will eventually put an LS in the bimmer. I have owned a two V8 cars, and my second was a 79 Malibu with a 383 stroker. Not a good car for an 18 y/o. I can't decide if I should just keep the e30 motor stock and run it till it dies, or do a few mods(headers, chip, port/polish). I still have to remove the sunroof case, power windows and locks, and some other non essential parts for its diet. I know the diet is the cheapest performance mod I can do, especially for the Dragon.

I would definitely prefer going with a more veteran group. People I know, and know how they drive. I missed the Subaru/e30 night runs. I have watched the video a few times, and I still can't believe how clean that run was.

the runs we had last year (WRXs and the ms3) were fun but I quickly left everyone behind, the one thing missing was the sound of your E30's I6 screaming off the trees, I vote for keeping the i6 because, imo it sounds better and keeps the character of the car.

If I get the brz I wont be quite a monster in the straights, I'll actually have to drive the car.

bring the fl crew! can anyone get a hold of Connor (white s2k), I can't find him anywhere.

Back