9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

Their meet will probably be too large and out of control for many people, I would guess around 40-50 cars, most of which are driven by a bunch of dumb inexperienced kids. So who knows, I'm just glad we're on a different weekend.

Their meet will probably be too large and out of control for many people, I would guess around 40-50 cars, most of which are driven by a bunch of dumb inexperienced kids. So who knows, I'm just glad we're on a different weekend.
possibly, but I think there will be quite a few that join the 9th forum and join us

I don't wanna wish bad luck on Stew or anyone running the 8th meet. I think he will probably have his hands full with this one. I think what held the previous meets together where that Chris and several meet veterans were able to keep everything under control and kinda let the noobs know that it wasn't a three day free for all track day on public roads. But I'll predict that there will be more cars this year than years past, and if most of them are dragon noobs, then it's a recipe for disaster.

possibly, but I think there will be quite a few that join the 9th forum and join us
Time will tell, I'm not planning to recruit 8th members over here just so they can go to our meet. I've posted on 8th that I won't be there this year and left it at that.

I really hope they don't try and book it at the same time. For their sake and ours. It'd be wise of them to stay away

I really hope they don't try and book it at the same time. For their sake and ours. It'd be wise of them to stay away
No, Marie at Fontana told me that they are the weekend before us (6-9th) so we're safe. Fontana can only do one at a time because nearly every lodge room would be reserved and that's no bueno for business

Things to think about may be places you guys liked eating in past years? Suggestions on places people really want to go to? Then maybe contacting them to see if they're willing to give space for a group at lunch/dinner on specific days... I know cook had stuff worked out and blocked off at Chilis for dinner, that pizza place, etc. I'm not sure if it's too soon to be doing that stuff or not.

I think I'll email them within the next month or two and give them the heads up for the Saturday, it was a nice stop to break up the action.

Back