2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info - Updates Inside

^ he's correct..... looking at the recent pics

FIJhk.jpg

They look to be the same projectors. I assume they'll be halogen projectors like jasonandre has (he did the projector DIY).

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but...
Taking a look at the part numbers for the 2013's on CHH's website, the headlights for 2013 have the same number of bulbs within the assembly.
The part numbers for the 2013 are different from 2012 and it's possible that they could be projectors, but they are definitely not the same ones being shown in those spy shots.

EDIT: Another note. There's a change in the turn-signal bulb for 2013 where the bulb is now amber; there are no amber bulbs in the 2012's. Looks like it's possible that we'll have cleared assemblies next year.

Another strike against those spy shots: according to the OEM parts list on CHH, the mirror housing sets for the 2012 and 2013 US models are exactly the same.
There appears to be no turn signals on them, which the spy shots are clearly covering.

Illuminated Door Sill Garnish, Rear Bumper Applique, and Ashtray Cup Holder confirmed as new accessories available for 2013

Here's a DIY on the Illuminated Door Sill Garnish. Sorry, there are no red-colored sills for the Si :(

Anybody out there know what it would take to swap the lighting element in these?

Of course these are only going to be available for the Sedans only I assume?

Anybody out there know what it would take to swap the lighting element in these?

Of course these are only going to be available for the Sedans only I assume?
Although you might be able to change the LED, it looked like you had to break open the sills and cut the wiring...something I was not interested in doing. If you screw up the wiring and they stop working, you likely can't fix it without probably damaging them beyond repair trying to remove them.
And yes, they are only available for the sedan. You might be able to still wire them on a coupe, but they are far too short and you'd be wasting two of them.

It seem to me that this type of product would be geared towards those with the coupe. I would really like to know the difference in sales numbers of the coupes versus sedans.

from just looking at the user base here, it seems like the sedan is outselling the coupe by a huge margin.

Honda releases exterior photos of the 2013 Civic prior to the LA Auto Show

(EX-L with navigation shown)

Updates:
  • New mesh grille
  • Redesigned lower bumper with chrome trim
  • Headlights have been updated with smaller orange reflectors. No projectors.
  • Integrated fog lights for the higher lines
  • Hood updated with additional lines
  • Taillights modified
  • Chrome trim piece on the trunk lid
  • Rear bumper has a new lower diffuser panel with a honeycomb mesh vent
  • Newly-styled rims
Full details of the 2013 Honda Civic will be revealed on Nov. 29 at 10:05 a.m. PST at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Read more: http://www.hondanews.com/channels/c...o-show-with-more-youthful-and-premium-styling

2013_Honda_Civic_EX_L_Navi_Sedan_front_clip_1024x735.jpg

2013_Honda_Civic_EX_L_Navi_Sedan_front_view_1024x751.jpg

2013_Honda_Civic_EX_L_Navi_Sedan_rear_view_1024x640.jpg

2013_Honda_Civic_EX_L_Navi_Sedan_taillight_closeup_1024x637.jpg

2013_Honda_Civic_EX_L_Navi_Sedan_wheel_closeup_964x1024.jpg

I have a feeling I'll be doing a complete retrofit of the front and rear ends. I really like where this is going.

Back