2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info - Updates Inside

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Info obtained through a source regarding the 2013 Honda Civic & specific changes.

2013 Civic Info - Mass production of the 2013 Civic 4dr's begins on Nov 12th. The 2013 Civic 2dr models will be produced at the end of November.

4dr model info discussed in this post -
-Engines remain the same across the civic platform
-Front bumper updated
-Rear bumper updated
-Reverse lights added to trunk area - supposedly not 100% identical to the 2013 model for Brazil, but the same concept as seen below
braz.sized.jpeg
"The headlights and everything else on the front end are the same and I do believe the bumper can be a direct swap with the previous 9th gen model."
-New Grill Area -The new 2013 Accord Coupe upper grill/mesh area looks almost identical to the redesigned 2013 civic.
2013_honda_accord_coupe_628.jpg
-Interior updates
"The interior looks much better. The interior plastics look much better and the headliner has better material. It reminds me of the stuff used on the new CR-V. All civics are now available with black interior & seats. The dash material is similar to what's being used on the CR-V -which feels much better."
-Heater Controls - "now have a digital screen that shows current temps etc. The rest looks pretty much the same as per layout inside the car"
A sketch of the exterior/mockup is in the works. I'm just waiting on a response. I'll continue to update of any changes or additional info.

• Staff
looks like hey added LED DRL's to the bottom of the headlights.
That's the new accord coupe. The individual was just stating the 2013 civic upper grill looks like that photo. They said the lights are the same.

I seriously think it will look similar to thisimage.jpg
Which would be sick

• Staff
That grill looks pretty spot on for shape. It's just missing the silver edge piece.

Very interesting
Honestly I'd be a little tweeked if I purchased a 2012. No disrespect to anyone.

I'm not upset at all, and I can't speak for everyone, but my thought process is if you weren't in love with the 2012, then why would you buy it? If the 2013's are that much better see about trading yours in for one. I knew buying a 2012 would mean that there would be a face lift, which came a model year earlier than anticipated but overall I still like my car and I'm sure most people feel the same. I do like the idea of a more open front grill, but not the trunk lights. I was hoping they would bring projectors over, but then again I'd rather buy from outside USDM so the turn signals aren't amber. But yeah I still love my car regardless of the updates the 13 model gets :)

• Staff
That's good ^. Also, people who want to do certain mods could do them pretty easily it looks like. I agree on the trunk lights as well. Unless they look a lot better than the ones posted above....I'd probably swap a 2012 trunk on the 2013.

No si specific info was given. Just that the engines across the board were staying the same.

I'm not upset at all, and I can't speak for everyone, but my thought process is if you weren't in love with the 2012, then why would you buy it? If the 2013's are that much better see about trading yours in for one. I knew buying a 2012 would mean that there would be a face lift, which came a model year earlier than anticipated but overall I still like my car and I'm sure most people feel the same. I do like the idea of a more open front grill, but not the trunk lights. I was hoping they would bring projectors over, but then again I'd rather buy from outside USDM so the turn signals aren't amber. But yeah I still love my car regardless of the updates the 13 model gets :)

I agree! And plus the 2012 look will be that much rarer now with the 2013 redesign

-Heater Controls - "now have a digital screen that shows current temps etc. The rest looks pretty much the same as per layout inside the car"

I am curious to see this as well as if a swap would be possible.

I really like my 2012 Coupe(1.8) and wouldn't want the 2013 for myself either. I like mine so much I'll probably buy it after the 3 year lease, if I have no problems with it by then.

webby , Thx for posting the 2013 looks.

hm....
The back is the same as the one they sell here in europe.
The front ... I don't know...let's see :)
Interior ...??? :)

Same engines - meh :)

Back