trustdestruction's '12 Si FB6 Build

Talked to Corsport and they can't price match THMotorsports but they did give me a small discount so I placed the order through them since I had good service last time with them. The H&R OE Sport 8th gen Si sedan springs will be drop shipped from H&R.

I also have the 8th gen Civic rear spring mounts ordered and I expect everything to be here in time to install over Memorial Day weekend.

Got this on the way in Crystal Black Pearl. The 09 Mugen Fit mirror cover... I looked up the mirror Honda part number and we have the same mirror so it will fit.

twincamtech_2252_219615805

I would've left it purple!
But either way it's gonna look nice

Detailed the exterior yesterday. Took it to a manual car wash where i pressure washed it with just car soap and water, and then I drove home and parked in my garage to get started. I used Meguiar's Ultimate Polish on the entire car and then I went back and finished it with Meguiar's NXT generation 2.0 paint sealant/liquid wax. I also went over the hood again with some Meguiar's gold class carnauba wax (it was getting late and I didn't feel like doing the whole car with it, but it did bring out the black in the hood more which seems to be the hardest part for me to get right with the NXT)

Pics later.

Mugen mirror cover arrives tomorrow according to tracking info. Also, H&R has not even shipped my springs (ordered 5/13 through Corsport, supposed to be drop-shipped by H&R), so I am pretty f*cking pissed that I won't get to install them this weekend unless they do something about it like ship UPS air.

After pics from the detail:
IMG_1529.jpgIMG_1532.jpgIMG_1533.jpgIMG_1534.jpg IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered metal hub centric rings from Discount Tire Direct for $15 shipped (I really recommend them, the last ones I had on a previous car were good quality). Also ordered a Skunk2 Black Series Oil cap and a wrinkle black Yospeed battery tie down to match the black K-tuned coil pack cover and GRFXP fuel rail cover that I plan on ordering.

Ordering the XXR 530 wheels on Tuesday!

Last edited:
Springs won't be here this weekend. Corsport's supplier ordered them from H&R and they were supposed to be sent to me but they sent them to the supplier. Annoyed is an understatement. This weekend I have access to my dad's garage and air tools, which I am pretty sure I need if I want to get the front shock top hat off without spring compressors. So, I needed them this weekend.

Corsport offered me a T-shirt, discount for future order, etc. but I didn't take it and I don't really want that anyway. All I wanted was my springs to be here on time, which I ordered 10 days ago and they haven't been shipped to me yet. I don't plan to order from Corsport again unless I have to... it's not their fault I didn't get the springs but I don't want to order from a company unless they actually have the part available. I was told they'd be drop-shipped (which I am okay with), not backordered (which I did not want).

Last edited:
FML. I emailed FR-Sport and they said if I ordered the wheels it would be 3-6 months before they ship because they are on backorder. I called XXR and they pointed me to NL Motoring, saying that NL Motoring will get the next shipment of these in June.

I contacted NL Motoring to find out when I could expect them to be shipped to me if ordered Tuesday.

FML. I emailed FR-Sport and they said if I ordered the wheels it would be 3-6 months before they ship because they are on backorder. I called XXR and they pointed me to NL Motoring, saying that NL Motoring will get the next shipment of these in June.

I contacted NL Motoring to find out when I could expect them to be shipped to me if ordered Tuesday.

That is enough time to buy FlashPro now and save up for wheels at a later date!

That is enough time to buy FlashPro now and save up for wheels at a later date!
That's going to be one of the last things I do, so I can get one tune and be done.

I was wanting to get all of the appearance mods out of the way before I dig into the performance, especially since I want to get a CT-E supercharger kit. It'll be a lot easier to save up if i'm satisfied with the other pieces of my car.

Wow, great experience with kseriesparts.com. Ordered the Skunk2 Oil Cap wednesday, delivered today… and this was with free shipping from Colorado to FL

IMG_1555.jpgIMG_1557.jpgIMG_1558.jpg

Brake lines installed and brake/clutch systems flushed with Ate Typ 200 brake fluid. I took enough pics for a DIY as requested. The DIY will cover one corner of the car, and the instructions are identical for all 4 corners with the locations of things just being slightly different front/back

IMG_1606.jpg

Last edited:
The lines and Ate fluid made a huge difference. The brake pedal feels solid rather than slightly spongy and the pedal is now much more responsive. The pedal has less travel before I am applying as much braking force as possible. This is probably the best $100 you can spend on your brakes. Better pads would normally take that spot, but that can cost more than $100 for a set of 4 Hawk HPS or similar pads, with less noticeable difference.

Oh, and I ordered some new wiper inserts (2 pairs) and a new windshield washer nozzle. My passenger side nozzle is not spraying well so I took it off and used an air compressor to blow it out to no avail. It was only around $6 to replace which is worth not taking my car to the dealer after work and waiting an hour for them to diagnose a problem i already solved.

Back