trustdestruction's '12 Si FB6 Build

Okay, I may do that. Depends on how rushed I am and how frustrating the spring install is. I'm using 8th gen springs (H&R OESport only avail. for 8th gen) according to the DIY I saw online, and I do not plan on using compressors. I have done it this way before, where I just unscrew the nut on the top-hat before removing anything else. Then using a floor jack to compress the spring to reinstall the nut while reassembling
:thumb:

It will be easier to remove the rear springs using a spring compressor bc you wouldn't need to remove the sway bar end links.

Well, there's one on 8th civic that I am using for reference (well, I looked over it... the process is basic and I already know what i'm doing). The process is identical and most of the parts look the same.

Should I still do a DIY given that one exists on 8thcivic? I will be taking a few pictures. Depends how much of a rush I am in since I plan on doing the springs at the same time since I will have all 4 wheels off.

Well that's up to you. I'm guessing that with permission from the op on 8th that you can copy and paste his work and just swap out pictures and other relevant info.

Went to Auto-Zone during part of my lunchbreak... all they had was store brand, Valvoline, and Prestone brake fluids. I passed on that and i'll check out Advance Auto Parts later. I did pick up a flare nut/line wrench though and a new cabin air filter. $15, geez.

image_zps80078d28.jpg image_zps925041d9.jpg image_zpsf332a9f3.jpg

Last edited:
That dirty already? I need to check mine. :giggle:

ATE Typ 200 brake fluid ordered! 1 liter should be enough to flush clutch and brakes, right?

Next is springs and mounts, but it will be a couple weeks before I order them since it's a big chunk of change. I plan on installing the brake lines, clutch line, and springs over memorial day weekend. I will probably do an oil change then as well.

ATE Typ 200 brake fluid ordered! 1 liter should be enough to flush clutch and brakes, right?

Next is springs and mounts, but it will be a couple weeks before I order them since it's a big chunk of change. I plan on installing the brake lines, clutch line, and springs over memorial day weekend. I will probably do an oil change then as well.
Yep. That should be more than enough.

The JDM Badges got here today, and I installed them.

The old badges were really easy to pull off by getting my finger nail underneath and prying with the end of my finger once I pulled it off enough to fit the fingers underneath. I used a small object to push the remaining pins out of the rear holes. I left the front pins in the grille since it is a waste of time to bother removing the bumper to access something so trivial.

IMG_1463.jpg IMG_1465.jpg IMG_1464.jpg IMG_1466.jpg IMG_1468.jpg

Last edited:
Got some goodies from Harbor freight and changed my oil (11450 miles - for my future reference). Thanks webby for the heads up on the $32.99 Mobil1 special at advance auto parts!

Also installed the P2R Braided Steel Clutch Line, which was a huge pain in the ***. Honda really did not leave any room whatsoever in our engine bay and it's so difficult to work on the car. You have to squeeze your hand under the intake manifold just to reach the clutch bleeder bolt. I installed a speed bleeder bolt and braided line on my old del Sol and it took like 15 minutes. This took a couple of hours because it was so difficult to reach things and then things get dropped and are impossible to find. Then when everything was assembled and I bled the line, the pedal still stuck to the floor. I continued to bleed for a very long time and it didn't get better. So I pumped the pedal a lot and it built up pressure and started acting normally. Never had to do this before with a clutch line, thought it was very odd.

The clutch feels not really any stiffer but it is definitely more responsive, as in the pedal does not have to be pushed as far down as before. I will be flushing the line again sometime after the ATE brake fluid arrives via UPS.

New jack and stands:
IMG_1477.jpg

New oil/filter and draining pan, and the demolished old oil filter… had to use a screwdriver to get it off because the oil filter wrench I have is the wrong size.
IMG_1479.jpg IMG_1481.jpg

Speed bleeders and bag:
IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg IMG_1486.jpg IMG_1488.jpg IMG_1491.jpg IMG_1492.jpg IMG_1497.jpg

What happened to the oil filter? Lol.

What happened to the oil filter? Lol.
A lot. The dealership put the old one on way too tight so even when using a cloth to gain grip I couldn't even turn the filter. My oil filter wrench was the wrong size, which I don't understand how since I bought it for a Honda like 4 years ago. I even tried using a clamp to give me something else to get grip from when attempting to turn by hand, but it didnt help. So, screwdriver method. LOL

autozone/advanced auto seem to run a similar deal like every other month or so. It seems pretty common.

Should I order the springs from King Motorsports or Corsport? Only a few bucks less at King Motorsports but what I want to know about is the shipping speed of these companies.

Obviously Corsport is a sponsor but I want to make sure they are quick before I go spending $5 extra from them.

Anyone ever dealt with THMotorsports? I can get them for $50 less there. Or how about TunerSports.com? ($15 less)

Last edited:
Back