2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info - Updates Inside

Just another non-photo:

11-26-2012 12-44-24 PM.png

And a rehash from the last page:

New Updates!

These updates have been confirmed through Honda. This is all I have at the moment, although I will post more updates once I receive them:
  • New paint colors:
    Kona Coffee Metallic
    Urban Titanium Metallic (Sedan Only),
    White Orchid Pearl (US Sedan Only)
    Aspen White Pearl (Canada Sedan Only)
    Dyno Blue Pearl now available for Natural Gas model

• Removed paint colors: Green Opal Metallic, Cool Mist Metallic

• New Model: Touring (Canada Only)

• Removed Model: DX Coupe no longer available within the US.

• Dashboard subdisplay has been completely redesigned for the Coupe and Sedan (ignore the circle). It's a low-grade photo, but you can clearly see that there is chrome trim around the air vents, along with chrome trim strips towards the bottom. Even harder to see, the trim around the navigation screen is a different type of bevel.

11-25-2012-11-05-29-am-png.6687

• Coupe and Sedan receive new Center Pocket directly below the climate controls. It is a small panel with a door hinge that opens downward. Below that, the Aux Cover and Power Outlet have been moved slightly forward and below the pocket.

11-25-2012-11-18-36-am-png.6683

• Digital Climate Control now available for Coupe and Sedan, although only on certain lines...can't confirm which ones yet.

• Rearview Multiview Camera now available only on certain models...can't confirm which ones yet. If navigation is installed, the video will display on the navigation screen instead of the i-Mid screen.

• Pandora Internet Radio software confirmed. Requires an iPhone and the Pandora iOS app installed. You'll be able to control Pandora from the iMid or Navigation.

• Receive Text Messages on the iMid or navigation screen from a compatible device and hear them read aloud. Reply to them using preloaded messages.

• Illuminated Doors Sills accessory confirmed for Sedan only - blue LEDs. Only the front sills will illuminate, not the rear. New plastic clips provided that no longer require removing the metal from within the weather stripping. No wire-splicing required. They are incompatible with the 2012 models.

• Rear Bumper Applique accessory confirmed. 3M tape with a plastic applicator to protect your rear bumper near the trunk opening.

• Ambient Light Kit accessories have new part numbers. They now only contain two LEDs instead of three; the center console LED has been eliminated.

• No sliding cover for the cup holders in the Coupe or Sedan, as some would have hoped.
  • No exterior styling changes to the Coupe.

• No projector headlights of any kind for any model in the US.

• iPhone 5 still not officially supported yet.

Oh ok i didnt know people were having problems. I have no problems so far with my iPhone 5. Everything works fine on my 12.

the hood is different. the 2013 hood is the same size as the 2012, but the contours are different. they tried to make it more "sculpted"
i wonder if i saw the 2012 Coupe at the Auto Show. It didn't look anything like the sedan pictures posted here. But I assume it's a 2013 because of the different controls inside. Maybe the sedan is noticeably different while the coupe stays the same. :spaz:

its an interesting change, i like that the stereo for non navi models looks a little less out of place. The look of the 2012 non navi stereo always struck me as a little odd

The rear chrome piece looks like the genesis sedan

2010-hyundai-genesis-4-door-sedan-4-6l-v8-rear-exterior-view_100300907_l.jpg

So, in order to satisfy those who gave poor reviews, Honda pretty much just copied the styling of their competition instead of daring to be different? :pat:

Yay for uniformity. :bleh:

Back