DIY 2012 Civic "JDM" Red Hazard Warning Switch

You can get away with breaking a clip or two, just as long as you don't go all macho on it and break all the clips

I forget how many I broke, probably one or two, but I have a bag full of spare clips since they're everywhere lol :D

Reactions: 323
I forget how many I broke, probably one or two, but I have a bag full of spare clips since they're everywhere lol :D
I have one bumper clip sitting in my trunk that I found it my garage, haven't put it back on yet lol. and I broke two clips from the cowl when installing my dp that I never replaced.
Oh well! I call it weight reduction

I have one bumper clip sitting in my trunk that I found it my garage, haven't put it back on yet lol. and I broke two clips from the cowl when installing my dp that I never replaced.
Oh well! I call it weight reduction

Those clips on the cowl are a PITA too. I don't know how I didn't break any when I took mine off. Yeah, bumper clips... I have a bag full of those to lol.

Reactions: 323
I was able to install it without breaking ANY clips! Took me all but 9 minutes to do, piece of cake! Although, I did get a little scared every time I heard "snap" lol.

Last edited:
real quick i noticed that someone said it dims with the dash. anyone else drive with their dash mad dim and can tell me how dim the switch gets?

real quick i noticed that someone said it dims with the dash. anyone else drive with their dash mad dim and can tell me how dim the switch gets?
I have my dash full bright.....I would imagine if you have your dash lights fully dimmed you would hardly notice the light in JDM hazard light. Maybe it would be a very soft glow.

I have my dash full bright.....I would imagine if you have your dash lights fully dimmed you would hardly notice the light in JDM hazard light. Maybe it would be a very soft glow.

hey pauly could you do me a favor and snap a pic on me to low dim? just when you get a chance?

Back