Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I've had like 6 stones.
Have you had them analyzed? Do you take anything to help prevent stone production? There are some medicines that help people who chronically produce stones. I have a relative in urology, so I hear about stones a lot.

Have you had them analyzed? Do you take anything to help prevent stone production? There are some medicines that help people who chronically produce stones. I have a relative in urology, so I hear about stones a lot.
I may have exaggerated the amount as I was in pain when I wrote that. I think I have had about 4 or 5 now. First one I was 18bor 19. Went to the hospital because I thought I was dying. My friend/roommate took me in the middle of the night. They gave me t3s and after like 2 or 3 days of pain I passed it.

Second one I got many years later in my 20s. Lasted about a day, I ended up taking my last trades exam sweating in pain and passed that one without medication. That was wild because it was the first one I actually saw. It was large and smooth. They're all smooth.

3rd was a month ago I'm now 38. So it's not happe ing often but more often than I'd like. I was in pain for 3 hours. Been so long since I had one I thought I had bad gas untill I passed it and heard it hit the toilet bowl. Lol. Once again smooth, not as large as the last.

4th one I'm assuming I might have now. Opposite side. Waiting to see if I pass it. The pain and pressure just suddenly went away just now and I'm hoping that's the last of it because it's been going on since 5pm yesterday. I don't want to go to the hospital because it's going to be a 6 or 7 hour wait and all they'll do is give me t3s. The muscle relaxers seem to have been working well in combination with the Tylenol.

If I do pass this one I'll be fishing it out of the toilet and keeping it to get analyzed. Should have kept the last one. They all seem to be the same kind of stone.

This has been a weird couple of stones though because the pain has been in the front instead of in my back. I'm assuming the pain is from the stone traveling to my bladder. Never have much pain passing them with my massive urethra.

Sorry for the short story. But I'm so happy to not be in pain right now.

I can get you some feedback in a few hours based on your story. I'll see what advice they have.
Thanks.
So the pain came back. Seems to come and go now where it wasn't doing that before. I have a feeling it's not a stone.

Thanks.
So the pain came back. Seems to come and go now where it wasn't doing that before. I have a feeling it's not a stone.
They said you can easily have pain in your back or front from stones. They only really cause pain when the stone is stuck, causing a backup of urine to the kidney and the ureter to spasm. So you can have pain anywhere from the kidney down to the groin. They said it's likely you have Struvite kidney stones, and you need to see a local urologist. They will have you do a 24hr urine collection to determine what is causing the stone production. They said that is actually more helpful than just having the stone analyzed. They said anytime someone has more than one case of stones they advise a 24hr urine collection for better data. Based on the urine lab data they can see if a prescription can help prevent future stone production. Sooo.. they said you do really need to get an appointment to have your urine checked from a local urologist. They need to order the 24hr collection.

They said you can easily have pain in your back or front from stones. They only really cause pain when the stone is stuck, causing a backup of urine to the kidney and the ureter to spasm. So you can have pain anywhere from the kidney down to the groin. They said it's likely you have Struvite kidney stones, and you need to see a local urologist. They will have you do a 24hr urine collection to determine what is causing the stone production. They said that is actually more helpful than just having the stone analyzed. They said anytime someone has more than one case of stones they advise a 24hr urine collection for better data. Based on the urine lab data they can see if a prescription can help prevent future stone production. Sooo.. they said you do really need to get an appointment to have your urine checked from a local urologist. They need to order the 24hr collection.
So the closest urologist requires a ferry. Lol. Wonder if I go to a doctor they could probably take the sample and send it over to Vancouver.

So the closest urologist requires a ferry. Lol. Wonder if I go to a doctor they could probably take the sample and send it over to Vancouver.
They said you could do a telehealth visit. Their office uses a service from fedex that ships you the supplies from a lab to collect it, and then fedex will pick it up and sends it to the lab for analysis. That would save you a ferry trip. It's worth calling to see if they do the same thing there? I realize you're in Canada, but I would assume they have the same process available.

They said you could do a telehealth visit. Their office uses a service from fedex that ships you the supplies from a lab to collect it, and then fedex will pick it up and sends it to the lab for analysis. That would save you a ferry trip. It's worth calling to see if they do the same thing there? I realize you're in Canada, but I would assume they have the same process available.
Yes. We have Telehealth here too. I'll look into it. Thanks.

I believe the stone I got last month was linked to the electrolyte powder I bought off Amazon in the summer. I read that can cause stones in people prone to them. I was taking it for the magnesium so my legs wouldn't cramp from riding my mountain bike.

electrolyte powder
so they did say salt is a common cause of stones. That powder may have contained sodium in it for electrolytes? Coffee, tea, peanut butter, salt, dark cola, caffeine, alcohol... basically anything that dehydrates you can form stones. Your 24hr urine test will determine if something else is going on though.

I’m cresting 40 this year and that opens up additional screenings. I think I have a few years before prostate.z

Add that to the annual screenings already:
cancer (recurrence/metastatic lung nodules), heart (bicuspid aorta), eyes (MD).

:wave: Guess it was a busy day here as well.

Co-worker has COVID so I've been covering his areas since Monday. Doubt he'll be back this week.

Good Morning

To lessen my fear of sharks, I've been studying their behavior a bunch for the last couple of weeks. I've found that sharks are actually pretty cool... They're very interesting creatures.

Back