Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

That bear needs to go!
I need to build a bear proof container to put it in.

Car came in for the trailer wiring inop. Found the ground installed on the sub frame. Moved the ground and it works. Customer said it was working until he boosted another car. Find that weird. Subframe is insulated by the bushings. My favourite was the harness zip tied to the sway bar and the power wire running along the bottom of the plastics and up through the wheel area. Found out our RV department installed this.
1000004473.jpg

I need to build a bear proof container to put it in.

Car came in for the trailer wiring inop. Found the ground installed on the sub frame. Moved the ground and it works. Customer said it was working until he boosted another car. Find that weird. Subframe is insulated by the bushings. My favourite was the harness zip tied to the sway bar and the power wire running along the bottom of the plastics and up through the wheel area. Found out our RV department installed this.
View attachment 66432

You ever seen that Youtube series 'Just Rolled In'?

It’s been announced - back to the office full time January 2024 like it was 2019. Only took 46 months to get fully back to “normal” after the 3 weeks to stop the spread of COVID.

all the middle managers want to keep an eye on their people before their bosses realize hybrid can work in a lot of cases

The only thing I could understand is leasing/owning a building and it's empty 80%/90%/100% of the time...

Personally as I've said before I'm not against WFH but it's not for me. I never worked from home during COVID (wasn't allowed - unless you tested positive).

I know some companies were tired of leasing/renting/owning space/buildings and them being empty. My buddy's employer downsized the office and the do the "hotel" cubicles now in which you share with other co-workers. It's weird... they like sign out a cubicle... So this week Jessica might be in Cubicle 21 but next week John might have signed that cubicle out so Jessica has to use Cubicle 22 or whatever..

They gave them their own wireless keyboard/mouse that they connect to that particular docking station when they come into the office...

we dont have enough parking, offices or even desks for everyone to return to work. I go in often enough to be assigned my own desk but most people prefer to come in less.

i like to go in for a change of scenery, but its still all video calls, and spending all that time commuting to watch calls on different screens is frustrating if i didnt have reasons to physically be there

Wife shared an office with 3 people at NASCAR but they all had their own desks(prob the last 5 years of her 15 years). This was also with her traveling like 30 something weeks out of the year from Thurs-Sat/Sun. So empty desks everywhere in the building they have.

Now at ESPN(almost 4 years now)....she has always had to reserve a desk or just walk in an grab an available desk. This is how it has always been at ESPN since they now that people are traveling a lot. She might go in to the building twice a month for "desk work". Other times she goes in if they are remotely producing a show from the building rather than traveling to the site.

So ESPN knows how to save cash a bit better than NASCAR.....prob one of the many many reasons why NASCAR is struggling financially.

I have always had a cube space until this current job(almost 4 years) which I have always worked from home and drive to the boss's house on Wednesdays to have him sign checks.

I have always had a cube space until this current job(almost 4 years) which I have always worked from home and drive to the boss's house on Wednesdays to have him sign checks.

Damn! It's already been 4 years? Time flies.
I've been with my employer 17 years this month. :eek:

Damn! It's already been 4 years? Time flies.
I've been with my employer 17 years this month. :eek:
I was with my last place for 10 and thought I would never leave.

Interesting job related story from today.
Had a dodge nitro come in for a misfire on cylinder 2 and 5. Confirmed PCM wasn't commanding the coil to fire on both cylinders. Tested the circuits and replaced the PCM. New/used PCM wouldn't fire cylinder 5 but 2 was working now. Re did my tests, needs PCM. Installed the 2nd PCM. Same thing, cylinder 5 is not firing.

Tested the coils, got .4 ohms on cylinder 5. 1 ohm on all others. Swapped 5 and 3. After a while cylinder 3 is misfiring now.

What I suspect happened was the car had a misfire on cylinder 2. Customer had the coils swapped to cylinder 5 and killed the drivers in the PCM. I killed the 2 new pcms with the bad coil still in cylinder 5. Never have I seen that happen before.

It was a good morning until about 30-40 minutes after I posted this... Then I got a work call and since I'm on-call 11/20-12/17 I got called into a site.
Did you take Turkey with you?

Happy Turkey day

Back