Hurricane Sandy

I saw your post on Facebook regarding the open gas stations siracergrl. I guess I'm gonna have to bike around town. Lol.

I saw your post on Facebook regarding the open gas stations siracergrl. I guess I'm gonna have to bike around town. Lol.
Yeah getting gas is gonna be tough for a couple days. Here's what I posted on FB so others in the area can see.

In this time of need for gas for our cars and generators, if you come across an instance of price gouging, please report it to the state hotline at (862)209-1030 or (973)220-3474

Use this map to find gas stations that have gas in stock or nothttp://www.mappler.net/gasstation/
http://www.mappler.net/gasstation/

The National Guard in Hoboken, NJ.
541336_10151292323617889_688142854_n.jpg

A Stevens student inside one of the National Guard trucks. I don't think I've seen Hoboken flooded....ever....
544784_10151292323857889_1835824522_n.jpg

man there are some powerful images in there ^... imagine if it had been more than a category 1 when it hit land

man there are some powerful images in there ^... imagine if it had been more than a category 1 when it hit land
The storm was a storm when it hit land, not a cat 1. You should see the NYC news channels; just FEMA talk and interviewing people on Staten Island and Brooklyn. People are waiting for 2-3 hrs for up to 10 gal of gas. No taxis cause no gas so the subway lines are immense and people are lined up on the street to get into the subways.

The gas station about 2 blocks away from my house is open. The line is ridiculous though. People started lining up at 5am and that was already a long line.

The news said that the line on the Palisades Parkway was 2 miles and as long as 4 miles. OMG!

It's really bad. Imagine what happens when we get a cat 2+. I'm evacuating even if they don't tell me to...

Dawn just informed me that there's now a Nor'easter headed our way...

It's really bad. Imagine what happens when we get a cat 2+. I'm evacuating even if they don't tell me to...
Irene was rated as a Category 3 and it wasn't like Sandy at all. I'm not sure what category it was when it hit landfall on Jersey or the tri-state.

I hope you get it back soon Ken. I hope you have a way of staying warm

I hope you get it back soon Ken. I hope you have a way of staying warm

Thanks! We actually have a generator that gives us heat, water, and several circuits for lights, small appliances and fridge. So we're not necessarily suffering. It's a pita to deal with, gassing, oiling, connecting, disconnecting, moving in/out of the garage so it doesn't get stolen.

It would just be nice to have all of our electric back so we have an oven, stove, and all the rest of our stuff.

Irene was rated as a Category 3 and it wasn't like Sandy at all. I'm not sure what category it was when it hit landfall on Jersey or the tri-state.
It was a cat 1 at landfall at Coney Island bklyn. It dumped a lot of rain, but didn't push the sea as much as sandy. We had flooding becuz of the rain not too much storm surge. So I honestly cannot imagine a storm with even more power than sandy. Like it'll b like Katrina.

Starting tomorrow in NJ, cars with license plates ending with an odd number has to fill up on odd numbered days. Cars with license plates ending with an even number or a letter are on the even numbered days. Thank goodness!!!!

Back