Pandora Issues?

Can you try this....

What I did in order:
  • Hook ipod/iphone up to usb in car
  • Turn pandora on ipod/iphone on - start playing pandora
  • Turn the car on
  • Switch to the AUX source on radio
It works fine for me, even with WiFi. My ipod is 4th gen...

any luck with that ^

I did try exactly that and no Pandora icon. This is what I get for sources with my iPhone connected and Pandora running on my phone.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I just tried it. Nothing. I'm not sure how that would work anyway without something actually plugged in to the Aux port on the car.

I'm thinking we'll need someone with a US Civic to compare the versions screen in the diagnostics menu.

So the music just keeps playing solely out of the iphone speaker and never transition over to the car speakers? I'm guessing the ipod icon does the same thing then?

So the music just keeps playing solely out of the iphone speaker and never transition over to the car speakers? I'm guessing the ipod icon does the same thing then?

I can play Pandora through the car when I select the iPod source but the car doesn't have the Pandora functions on the Navi like it should. The same applies if I stream through Bluetooth. It works just doesn't have the the functionality that Honda says is now built into the car with that app.

I totally get it now...yeah. It has to be an issue with models from Canada. I've seen others say they had no problems in the states. Maybe someone from a Canadian dealership will see this and know of some way to alter a setting in the nav setup... to make the pandora button functional (not greyed out)

I might have a look through the i-Mid diagnostics to see if there is anything in there. Might be worth a shot. Doubtful though....

if someone in the US could post their software version, that'd be helpful.

I got it to work.

You have to put the I-mid into diagnostic mode by pressing menu and then menu and source at the same time for about 5 seconds. It will bring you to this screen.

image.jpg

When you scroll all the way to the bottom, there is an option for Pandora.

image.jpg

When selected, there are two options.....on and off. The default for mine was off.

image.jpg

When I selected On, I exited the diag mode. I shut the car off. When I turned the car back on, plugged in my iPhone and started the Pandora app, Pandora is now an option for a source.

image.jpg

Problem solved and it is that easy. It's still greyed out in the Navi diagnostics though, but it does work as it should. I'm guessing all Canadian Civics are set up this way from the factory.

So today I learned how to get into the diag screen in the Navi as well as the i-mid. I also learned how to get Pandora working on a Canadian Civic!

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

Far too much Google searching and brain work for one day. I'm going to bed early. Lol

Last edited:
can someone tell me if this navi can play dvd , music videos? etc. might get the stock one for my car

From what I have heard and read, nope, cant play videos or dvds from the the CD slot or usb. There is a hard wire hack you can do to install an external player to play on the imid screen though.

On the Pandora subject, if I pay for Pandora One, can your account be used on multiple platforms? I have an S3 as well as an S2 for work. I also have a Galaxy Tab2 and my laptop plus the desktop. I always have 1 of these with me. Can I log in and use my 1 account for all of these?

So today I learned how to get into the diag screen in the Navi as well as the i-mid. I also learned how to get Pandora working on a Canadian Civic!

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

Far too much Google searching and brain work for one day. I'm going to bed early. Lol

Hello guys
I recently got 2013 Civic LX

I'm very happy with the car but not so much when I found out that Pandora is not available in Canada.
Also that you can't reply with pre-made txt using Iphone.

I went to diagnostics menu and enabled Padora. So far nothing changed, not even pandora grayed out option in source.
Question to my fellow Canadians is how do I download Pandora app?? It is not available in the app store and I really would like to use this option.
thanks

Hello guys
I recently got 2013 Civic LX

I'm very happy with the car but not so much when I found out that Pandora is not available in Canada.
Also that you can't reply with pre-made txt using Iphone.

I went to diagnostics menu and enabled Padora. So far nothing changed, not even pandora grayed out option in source.
Question to my fellow Canadians is how do I download Pandora app?? It is not available in the app store and I really would like to use this option.
thanks

Hey Adam. You need to sign up for a US iTunes account. The Pandora app is only available in the US. Once you get the app installed, you'll need to get a US IP address or Pandora will give you an error that it's not available in your country. I used a VPN for this purpose.

This obviously involves a few work arounds but its worth it. Pandora is a great service.

Hey Adam. You need to sign up for a US iTunes account. The Pandora app is only available in the US. Once you get the app installed, you'll need to get a US IP address or Pandora will give you an error that it's not available in your country. I used a VPN for this purpose.

This obviously involves a few work arounds but its worth it. Pandora is a great service.
Hi Andre
thanks for replying.
I got an app called Onavo extended. Look into it.. I may be able to get Pandora thru it or at the very least save on 1/2 on data usage.

Check out this link:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393941,00.asp

After getting Pandora 1 account and still being limited to 6 skips, but no commercials, I ditched it and now use Slacker. Its about the same price, unlimited skips, you can download for off network use and no commercials. The only downside is that it does not display on the IMID. The steering wheel controls still function and allow you to skip. In my opinion Slacker is a better service. Now, if somebody had another choice, I would be willing to give it a try.

Back