Pandora Issues?

Slacker Radio is available in Canada.

Canadian residents may enjoy music from our professionally programmed Genre stations, or use our Station Creator to create any number of custom stations. You may try out Slacker Basic Radio, enjoying access to the entire music library* and station list, but limited to 6 songs skips per hour and other limitations of the free Slacker service. Slacker Radio Plus Subscription includes unlimited song skips, no advertisements, unlimited song requests for creating stations, station caching for supported mobile applications and more. For more information on Subscriptions please check out our Subscriptions page:

http://www.slacker.com/radio/

Slacker in Canada can be played on the Web by using a supported browser and going to http://www.slacker.com.

Supported Browsers:

-Firefox 15.0+

-IE 8.0+

-Chrome

-Safari

Required Plugins:

Flash 11+

Java

A High Speed Internet Connection is suggested for best performance.

In addition to our website, Canadian residents will have access to Slacker via our Mobile Platforms as they become available for the BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone/iPod Touch devices. It is strongly recommended that you have an unlimited data plan (or similar) as the Slacker Radio application will consume large quantities of data over your mobile connection. In addition, with a Slacker Radio Plus subscription and a supported mobile platform, you may cache (stored directly to your handset) stations to be played off-line to reduce the amount of data that you use. You can get more information about these devices from:

BlackBerry:

http://www.slacker.com/everywhere/mobile/blackberry/

Android:

http://www.slacker.com/everywhere/mobile/android/

iPhone/iPod Touch

http://www.slacker.com/everywhere/mobile/iphone/

Palm WebOS

http://www.slacker.com/everywhere/mobile/palm/

Windows Mobile 6.5

http://www.slacker.com/everywhere/mobile/windows/

Windows Phone 7

http://www.slacker.com/everywhere/mobile/windows/winPhone7.jsp

We do not currently sell or support the Slacker Portable Devices outside of the US. Only the above devices/services are supported in Canada at this time.

Not all features or offers are available in Canada. Certain offeres are only available to US Residents such as "Get Ringtones".

*Music available is dependent on licenses with the record lables/publishers. Licenses may vary between different territories, and as such, not all songs may be available in all areas.

Thanks for the info on slacker. I'll check it out. I do like the Pandora compatibility in the Civic though.

Thanks Webby.
I would also try Pandora, if I had an app lol..
andre would have to explain how he setup his vpn etc. Even if you get the app, you'd still need an IP address based in the US, or I'm guessing it won't stream any music.
Hey Adam. You need to sign up for a US iTunes account. The Pandora app is only available in the US. Once you get the app installed, you'll need to get a US IP address or Pandora will give you an error that it's not available in your country. I used a VPN for this purpose.

This obviously involves a few work arounds but its worth it. Pandora is a great service.

andre would have to explain how he setup his vpn etc. Even if you get the app, you'd still need an IP address based in the US, or I'm guessing it won't stream any music.

Yup. I'm fully aware of it. Got my Pandora App finally , very happy to say lol) Im also using an app called Onavo Extended which is also a VPN with servers in the US so I'm good to go. I tested it at home and now I'm ready to jump in the civic and do a final one ;)

Thinking my 1GB data wont cut i lol!

Yup. I'm fully aware of it. Got my Pandora App finally , very happy to say lol) Im also using an app called Onavo Extended which is also a VPN with servers in the US so I'm good to go. I tested it at home and now I'm ready to jump in the civic and do a final one ;)

Thinking my 1GB data wont cut i lol!

Exactly what I did. I found a VPN that has US based ip addresses. Start that on the phone, then launch Pandora.

I have a 6gb data plan. I'm not sure 1gb would be enough.

Exactly what I did. I found a VPN that has US based ip addresses. Start that on the phone, then launch Pandora.

I have a 6gb data plan. I'm not sure 1gb would be enough.

Yup I agree. I tested it and it works. Pandora plays beautifully over the speakers. Decent sound too.
But I dont see Pandora icon when connected. I select Bluetooth and can see my song name/title currently streaming from Pandora.
My question is, should i be able to see Pandora Icon in the source menu? ( I got LX so no navi here)

Yup I agree. I tested it and it works. Pandora plays beautifully over the speakers. Decent sound too.
But I dont see Pandora icon when connected. I select Bluetooth and can see my song name/title currently streaming from Pandora.
My question is, should i be able to see Pandora Icon in the source menu? ( I got LX so no navi here)

Yes. You should see the Pandora icon in your source list.

This is the sequence I use. I make sure the vpn is running on the phone. I launch Pandora. I then connect to the car with the USB cable. If you don't connect with the cable you could still use pandora over Bluetooth but you won't see the icon in the source options.

With the navi system you can use the like or dislike options with pandora through the audio menu on the nav system. I'm not sure how the non nav units work with Pandora.

Last edited:
Cool!
I'll try it tomorrow.
Btw since there is only 1 USB stick port, I use that one for my mp3s on that stick and charge iphone using accessory and linking via Blootooth.
Have you done any quick and inexpasinve mods that make your Si stand out?
I ordered stainless door sill plates form ebay for $20

Let us know if it works. It would be good to know how Pandora works for Cdn LXs as well.

As for my Si, I should probably do a build thread at some point. I've blacked out the chrome using plasti-dip. A huge difference in outside appearance. 35% tint. Some LEDs on the inside and backup lights. Shifter knob, red JDM steering wheel emblem. A few more things that I'm sure I'm forgetting right now. As you browse the different topics I'm sure you'll see my name around.

You'll see that once you start, it's hard to stop.

Let us know if it works. It would be good to know how Pandora works for Cdn LXs as well.

As for my Si, I should probably do a build thread at some point. I've blacked out the chrome using plasti-dip. A huge difference in outside appearance. 35% tint. Some LEDs on the inside and backup lights. Shifter knob, red JDM steering wheel emblem. A few more things that I'm sure I'm forgetting right now. As you browse the different topics I'm sure you'll see my name around.

You'll see that once you start, it's hard to stop.
Post some pics please. How did you hook up LEDs inside? did you cut any wires Or did you buy it with LED option and just built on that?

I got it to work.

You have to put the I-mid into diagnostic mode by pressing menu and then menu and source at the same time for about 5 seconds. It will bring you to this screen.

View attachment 24441

When you scroll all the way to the bottom, there is an option for Pandora.

View attachment 24442

When selected, there are two options.....on and off. The default for mine was off.

View attachment 24443

When I selected On, I exited the diag mode. I shut the car off. When I turned the car back on, plugged in my iPhone and started the Pandora app, Pandora is now an option for a source.

View attachment 24444

Problem solved and it is that easy. It's still greyed out in the Navi diagnostics though, but it does work as it should. I'm guessing all Canadian Civics are set up this way from the factory.

I have a '13 EX sedan with no navi (I live in Pennsylvania in the US btw). The other day I completely drained the battery and the i-mid screen locked up. Completely black at all times. The dealer disconnected the battery to do a reset on the i-mid. That brought the screen back but it apparently reset the defaults too.

I found this thread and got my Pandora functionality back in just a few seconds. Thanks guys!

Back