Official Computer Talk Thread

Once my lid cover comes in I'll check the LCD connection there. I forgot the buy an x-acto knife when I was out earlier, the bezel around the screen is a PITA to take off without one.

I must have fixed it since it hasn't happened since replacing the lid cover. My WiFi randomly disconnects or randomly shuts off. Must be time for a new WiFi card, good thing they're cheap.

Bump for more pictures. Need members post up if you are a PC nerd :)

I'm going to get a mechanical keyboard soon. I want to get a monitor stand for my dual IPS monitors. Anyone have ideas? Standalone one. Swivel arms.

I must have fixed it since it hasn't happened since replacing the lid cover. My WiFi randomly disconnects or randomly shuts off. Must be time for a new WiFi card, good thing they're cheap.

What brand laptop? ALL (I mean every HP laptop I've owned) I've needed to buy a USB WiFi adapter.

Most HP laptops purchased within the last two years no longer have builded in WiFi problem. DV series is bad.

Figured. Like I said above I've owned roughly 4-5 HPs (my wife's included) and all have needed a WiFi adapter.

My HP has Tenda WiFi adapter (bought it from MicroCenter) and my wife's laptop has Edimax (think that's the spelling) which I bought from Newegg. Hers has better signal strength.

Figured. Like I said above I've owned roughly 4-5 HPs (my wife's included) and all have needed a WiFi adapter.

My HP has Tenda WiFi adapter (bought it from MicroCenter) and my wife's laptop has Edimax (think that's the spelling) which I bought from Newegg. Hers has better signal strength.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know. It only happens on occasion when I open the lid. This will probably be my last HP. None of the new HPs will compare to my first one.

I think my next laptop will be Asus. I've had good luck with their PC hardware.

I think my next laptop will be Asus. I've had good luck with their PC hardware.

The one, and only, HP desk top I have owned lasted me nearly a decade without ANY problems even constantly running WoW (yeah, I used to play). This is my third HP laptop, and there has been at least one thing wrong with each within a year of ownership.

Posted this over in the "Latest Purchases Thread" but figured I'd post here

I bought this earlier today :) (Should be here Thursday)

Corsair K70 (MX Brown with Blue Backlighting

61yh4gleD3L._SL1500_.jpg

I built a computer for a friend about 10 years ago and he decided to start poking around in it the other day while it was on.. Well he ended up blue screening it and disk boot error. Fun. And this kid doesn't have any money so here I am going through some of my old computer parts to try and frank him a working computer lol
uvynyrav.jpg

I ended up getting the tower in the picture up and running (not giving him that one lol) and I think I've got enough compatible stuff to get him a working pc again, we shall see when he drops his tower off.

y3a5azy6.jpg

a7yvyhet.jpg

rynypyte.jpg

I changed the keycaps (AWSD) to the red special ones they provide for gaming. Look pretty cool and they are curved so better for gaming.

za7aduhy.jpg

That looks pretty good, I like that it's got a lot more glow than mine does. Can you change the colors on that one? I'm using a Logitech g510 and I like it because I can pick any color I want

That looks pretty good, I like that it's got a lot more glow than mine does. Can you change the colors on that one? I'm using a Logitech g510 and I like it because I can pick any color I want

That's on the low setting. Only blue color but it has two more brightness settings.

Back