Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Thankfully we don't have anything stored up there, other than a few small Halloween decorations that the previous owner left up there.
This will be a project soon :/

You are my age right? Yeah fortunately my dad was very frugal and always told me to save. My mom on the other hand.... spend it and don't tell your father :hiding:
I'm glad my wife has the same financial mentality as I do... I don't think I could be with a woman that spends spends spends and those that hide it from the husband/man... Granted the husband/man should be involved in the financial aspect.

Edit: Looked at your profile. Yes we are both 38.
Thanks for reminding me how old i am.

Robert noticed a bunch of debris on the M3s in the garage…

img_5342-jpeg.66507
That’s actually really common. It looks like a drywall seam that didn’t get taped before texture was put on. That could be taped and fixed with drywall mud pretty easily actually.

That’s actually really common. It looks like a drywall seam that didn’t get taped before texture was put on. That could be taped and fixed with drywall mud pretty easily actually.
We have it on our front porch also, but not as bad. It looks like the tape is sagging there :/

I'll try, if not in the morning. It's painted and a thicker bit of sagging area. I could be wrong, it just kinda looks weird.

So that makes me think it’s from the house settling honestly. The garage one could be the same too. Regardless, it’s not a huge fix to make that right. If Robert doesn’t want to do it, any drywall company could patch that up pretty quick.

The front porch one has been there over a year now, before we moved in. Not to worried about it.

The attic one in the garage is a lil iffy. Time to get the drywall putty! He’ll probably hire someone to get the texture matching and whatnot.

The front porch one has been there over a year now, before we moved in. Not to worried about it.

The attic one in the garage is a lil iffy. Time to get the drywall putty! He’ll probably hire someone to get the texture matching and whatnot.
That texture is called “knockdown”. You basically mix the plaster a little more wet, spread it on the area, dab the plaster with a sponge, let it sort of set but not fully dry. Then you take your spatula thing you spread the plaster and just swipe it in one direction, which knocks down the high spots and creates that texture.

Plenty of vids online that explains how to do it.

I believe you can also plaster the area and get it ready like you would with paint. Once’s it’s all smooth and clean, you can spray the “popcorn ceiling” stuff, let it sort of set, then “knock it down” by swiping it with the spatula thing.

Ahhh good to know! Thanks!

At our last place I watched this guy come in with a big old pump to texture an area of a wall he had to patch. I found it fascinating.

IMG_5532.jpeg

Back