9th Gen 2012 Civic Short Shifter Finally Here!

come on why should something be trimmed . what if for any reason I have to remove it i'm i going to glue back that piece

This is a short shifter fail!

Guys I plan on making a custom short shifter soon if u hold out I will give out the plans

Clunck

The piece that needs to be trimmed is not even functional, and you'll never see it again unless you like leaving your shifter housing exposed while driving :) The reason for the trimming is simple: there is just not quite enough space to allow full movement of the shifter when the adapter is installed. Again, there is no harm at trimming a little extra bit of plastic in an area that servers no real purpose.

The other option is to replace the whole shifter assembly (when one comes out), but that will definitely cost more.

how similar is this to the 8thgen one? i didnt have to trim that one at all fit like a glove. just removed the blue cap with grease off the stock then put it on the extension and wamooooooo perfect

how similar is this to the 8thgen one? i didnt have to trim that one at all fit like a glove. just removed the blue cap with grease off the stock then put it on the extension and wamooooooo perfect

The installation is the same as the 8thgen adapter, with the exception that there will be a bit of plastic trimming needed (a small amount, about 1/4 inch of plastic).

The installation is the same as the 8thgen adapter, with the exception that there will be a bit of plastic trimming needed (a small amount, about 1/4 inch of plastic).
Just got mine today, does it supposed to come with two screws as described on the manual? I only received the short shifter and a small tube of grease.

Just got mine today, does it supposed to come with two screws as described on the manual? I only received the short shifter and a small tube of grease.
ct-engineering-short-shifter_LRG.jpg

What about the Loctite? Did you get too? Looks like it comes with that as well.

Back