9th Gen 2012 Civic Short Shifter Finally Here!

CT Engineering has finally released a short shifter for the 2012+ Manual Transmission Civics. It is an "adapter type" short shifter and is very similar to the 8th Gen CT Short Shifter (see picture below). It will reduce your shift throw by 22%. Keep in mind that for proper fitment, you will have to trim a small amount of plastic from the factory shift housing.

Link to view more info and purchase: http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-73_147/product-935/index.html

The 9th gen short shifters are in stock and ready to ship. The shift adapter actually looks identical to the 8th gen one from the outside, but internally it is a bit different. Let me know if you have any questions!

ct-engineering-short-shifter_LRG.jpg

Last edited:
what kind of plastic trimming do you have to do?

It is about 1/4 inch of plastic that needs to be shaved off from the factory shifter housing. Otherwise, the end of the shift adapter will hit the plastic. The trimming of the plastic will in no way affect the integrity or performance of the shifter.

Does this short shifter adapter go over the ball and shaft of the shifter or just the shaft? I have an 8th gen currently installed and don't like the fact that only the ball is covered it leaves room for play I can't stand it

Clunck

Does this short shifter adapter go over the ball and shaft of the shifter or just the shaft? I have an 8th gen currently installed and don't like the fact that only the ball is covered it leaves room for play I can't stand it

Clunck
Hey mine was like that at first tell it feel out will I was driven, so I backed the set screws out farther and gave a little muscle to get it.set right

Iv taken it apart twice. I like the design of the 8th gen from tmw/twm

Clunck

Back