DIY 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid mirrors on a non Hybrid Civic (4dr only)

By the way, these Hybrid side mirrors only come in colors Crystal Black Pearl, Polished Metal Metallic, Taffeta White, Green Opal Metallic, Cool Mist Metallic, and Alabaster Silver.
The rest of you will have to get them painted. Unless you like it two-toned, then more power to you.

In Honda´s site, there are more colors available for the 2013 Hybrid (Urban Titanium for example) and they are the same as the 2012 ones.
Ah, good point. So, if you have Dyno Blue Pearl, Crimson Pearl, Rallye Red, or Sunburst Orange Pearl then you are SOL.

Last edited:
If im not mistaken the coupe mirrors seem to be the same as the sedans so it might work for them too...

Since day one I've loved the mirrors on the Hybrid. Odd they didn't just incorporate them into the higher model lines (EX-L , Touring & SI)
It would've been so easy for Honda just to put them on there. Even if the car costs $100 more, no one would even notice the cost when compared to ~$22000

I think thats the one of the many reason they set apart the hybrid with only model to have those.. but now we can too..

Last edited:
Yep. Ever since Honda came out with 2006 Civic Hybrids I always liked them. Now I actually own 2012 Hybrid I can see why it looks so cool to have one. Yeah it would have been nice if Honda made it as a upgrade option so it'll be plug and play if the wiring was already in place for it.

I had the same gripe with my 2009 CRV LX trim where they didn't add the outside temp sensor which my 2006 Civic EX had. I mean it's little thing they could have made it standard. So I googled around to see if I can add one. Apparently the LCD panel can display it but problem is the wiring for the sensor just wasn't there and I'd have to take alot of things apart for it to work so it wasn't worth it. So I made sure my hybrid had all the features I wanted already built into the car and went another step further by having one with a Navi. Now if I just got the standard radio I'd wait for Alpine's 100% plug and play wiring harness which offer alot better features for less money.

Ah well... It's the way Honda does things and not always make the most sense.

Last edited:
im interested but, my friend said we can just get the hybrid covers and the led turn signals and just wire them ourselves for a fraction of the cost.

Back