What coilovers to buy

FeelinDrewzy

Can anyone point me in the direction where to get a better understanding of spring rates and dampening? I have a 2013 si and it's a DD I'm trying to figure out what coils to get w/ that being a factor

Can anyone point me in the direction where to get a better understanding of spring rates and dampening? I have a 2013 si and it's a DD I'm trying to figure out what coils to get w/ that being a factor
rate just deals with how much it takes to compress it in inch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8QBlpe4i8k

most coils have adjustability settings on the shock to help stiffen/soften the ride

Has nothing to do with how low the car can go. If those rates are identical measurements (kilograms/pounds/whatever), that just means the Godspeed takes more force/weight to get them to compress an inch.

Has nothing to do with how low the car can go. If those rates are identical measurements (kilograms/pounds/whatever), that just means the Godspeed takes more force/weight to get them to compress an inch.
So I guess my question really is, why do u need to have knowledge of spring rate when purchasing suspension?

To know how stiff the suspension components are? If you're just looking for the coilovers that drop you the lowest and don't care about ride quality, there isn't a reason to look at spring rates.

To know how stiff the suspension components are? If you're just looking for the coilovers that drop you the lowest and don't care about ride quality, there isn't a reason to look at spring rates.
I def want the overall package just not sure what direction to go in.. I had k-sport on my 6th gen and didn't mind those but as I learn more about suspension I'm finding that I want the best fit for my 9th and trying to understand what that would be is where I'm having difficulty

Could you not just use the
Si HFP Suspension Kit to meet the price requirement.
I am in the same boat I want to lower my Si but I like spirited driving on curves.

Back