Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

is any kind of chassis bracing allowed if you go r comps? An anti lift kit is a good mod to make for auto x, but idk if the rules allow it or you want the extra nvh associated with it.

is any kind of chassis bracing allowed if you go r comps? An anti lift kit is a good mod to make for auto x, but idk if the rules allow it or you want the extra nvh associated with it.
you can do ANYTHING you want, but would have to check the SCCA site for what class the changes would put the car into. Some classes will be harder/easier to win at due to the changes. For now, the stock WRX (changes I have are allowed due to the rules) allow my car to be really tough in DS (D level, stock class). If I make the wrong change, while that change would be a monster on the street/1/4 track/real track, it might move the car to a class that the car just can't be competitive in.

The key is to make changes that make sense and to be well aware of the classing rules

so your main thing is to keep it in the class, and then win that class. If you do mods that put you into a diff class, but your car is doing better....times improving etc... it matters where you place in that class? Isn't the goal to just improve your skills/driving etc? Who cares if a different car does better in the class. You just beat times from your previous setup,... no?

You dont need to do anything at all (and should not) to be a better driver. Get your skills first then get a better car

My goal this year is to win rookie stock and for me, my best chance is to remain in DS (great PAX). Doing so would put me in the playoffs for the club championship. At that point, I would also compete against 2 other rookies (from non stock and from street tire) to win rookie of the year

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

You dont need to do anything at all (and should not) to be a better driver. Get your skills first then get a better car

My goal this year is to win rookie stock and for me, my best chance is to remain in DS (great PAX). Doing so would put me in the playoffs for the club championship. At that point, I would also compete against 2 other rookies (from non stock and from street tire) to win rookie of the year

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL
I just hope it will help you keep up with a 140hp rwd.
J/K
Glad you are enjoying your car and good luck.

So far, my main rookie competition for fastest rookie pax is an '11 stage 2 STI.

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

Doing those mods is going to improve your times. They wouldn't have classes with handicaps if your times didn't improve by doing those mods. I also don't think you can compare a driver who's driven a course 1 time versus someone who's done 400 laps. Learning how to handle a car with various power adders/mods is not the same as driving a stock car. Same in principal, but you can't compare someone who's comfortable driving an 800hp car at it's limit versus driving a 200hp car at it's limit.

my point is, if your times are:
1min time in one class
43 second time in another class with mods

who cares if people in the "class with mods" are faster than you if you've improved your driving/skills/times with your mods? Not getting a trophy or something? You still improved your times...

Doing those mods is going to improve your times. They wouldn't have classes with handicaps if your times didn't improve by doing those mods. I also don't think you can compare a driver who's driven a course 1 time versus someone who's done 400 laps. Learning how to handle a car with various power adders/mods is not the same as driving a stock car. Same in principal, but you can't compare someone who's comfortable driving an 800hp car at it's limit versus driving a 200hp car at it's limit.

my point is, if your times are:
1min time in one class
43 second time in another class with mods

who cares if people in the "class with mods" are faster than you if you've improved your driving/skills/times with your mods? Not getting a trophy or something? You still improved your times...

This! What I was thinking but said better!

Well said Webby.
The Si is easy to drive fast on an autox course.
I bought the e30 to hopefully improve my skills, but haven't had the opportunity yet. I plan to do mostly DEs, but might do an autox or two. It causes a dilemma about p/s delete.

I am trying to lose as much weight as possible out of the car. Once I get all of the current things taken care of, I might start looking into a fuel cell that fits in the spare tire well. It will help with the balance of the car.

Ah, I see now what you are getting at mr. Web.

My financials allow me to be competitive in a slower class. I could do one more mod financially which would bump me to a faster class but just barely, so yeah I could be in a faster class but wouldn't be competitive. I choose to be competitive where my financials allow as its way more fun to win than get hammered. Until I can be afford the parts to be competitive in a faster class, I'll just enjoy racing where I'm at

I choose to have fun more than being the fastest car out there, which my car can't be

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

you just said you're winning all the races...won the class, etc?

I choose to have fun more than being the fastest car out there, which my car can't be
:confuzzled:

I could be in a faster class but wouldn't be competitive.
but if you're faster than your stock class times, how is it bad? You're still faster than your previous times. Who cares if someone else in the class is 5 seconds faster than your time or whatever. You just ran a quicker time than your previous setup. Purely bragging rights in the class?

its way more fun to win than get hammered.
I guess, but I'd think having a quicker time and whatnot would be more "fun"? You're only getting "hammered" if you're comparing yourself to other cars in the class. Not what you're able to do over your previous stock class times. Someone will always have a faster car in another class, another state, another country.....

idk, just my thoughts. If you're having fun, that's all that matters

:wave:

I has a high revving, torqueless, FWD fun car again! So excite that I have that and a big squishy comfy camry.

Not it ain't! It's my car, registered and titled in my name. We're going to pick up Jason's MR2 this weekend.

hahahaha! Just finally paid of credit cards so it's nice to have the spendable cash instead of throwing it towards debt. All I have is a personal loan left and i'm not paying that off early, interest rate is only like 4%.

if I could afford to change one more thing on my car (which I can't afford to this season), my car won't be in stock class anymore. Which is the point that I have been stating, I want to stay in stock class. I am competitive in stock class, but should I change one more thing, my car will be moved to a faster class cause my car is faster (hopefully). Not a bad thing from the outside, but within each class there are a small list of things that are legal upgrades. Financially (this season), I can not afford to get my car competitive in the next faster class. If the car gets bumped to a faster class, my car would then be well behind the competitive curve. I find it fun to be competitive in whatever class my car is in. I would not find it fun to be in a faster class (just to say that I am in a faster class), have a faster auto-x car in comparison and lose by a lot every week.

As I stated above.... my goal this year is to win rookie stock and for me, my best chance is to remain in DS (great PAX). Doing so would put me in the playoffs for the club championship. At that point, I would also compete against 2 other rookies (from non stock and from street tire) to win rookie of the year
sorry, but my car is staying in stock class this year; you all just have to live with it :eek: :tongue: :hiding:

img_2938.jpg

Back