tires?

225/45/17 or a 215 since the wheel is only 7" wide.

Your stock wheels on a 2012 LX are 15" I believe with a stock tire size of 195/65/15.

Stock tire: 195/65/15
Sidewall: 5.0"
Circumference:78.5"
Revs/Mile:807.0

A 17x7" rim can fit a couple different tire sizes.

Moving to a 215/45/17 means that:
New tire: 1.4% difference. When your speedo says 60 you are going 59.1 mph
Sidewall:3.8"
Circumference: 77.3:
Revs/Mile:819.0

Going to a 225/45/17: Perfect match.
New tire: 0% difference. When your speedo says 60 you are going 60mph
Sidewall:4.0"
Circumference:78.5"
Revs/Mile:808.0

I'd recommend the 225 width just for the sake of being more performance with nearly perfect size match to stock.

Last edited:
alright thanks! bcuz i know some people get new wheels and tires and then you have a even bigger tire gap than with the stock tire bcuz of getting smaller tires

Hoo boy... thinking about going wide wheels huh? That's a whole nother can o worms. :worms: (sweet finally an excuse to use this one!)

The quick answer is ideally a 235/45/17 or a 245/40/17 but, with that size tire you may run into some other issues and that is really like a track car tire size. Not too great for a DD and especially an LX with limited power as it is. I know cause I have one also.

My wifes car has 18x8.75 +35 wheels on it. I made her run a 225 width. It was the narrowest tire I feel comfortable putting on a 9" wheel. Some guys run a really small super stretched 205 width. It really depends on some other factors and what you feel safe with.

I can try and help you but give me some more info first:

What's your goals for the car?
Are you wanting to go really low?
What sort of drop are you considering?
Do you want the wheels really flush with the fenders?
Do you like the really cambered out look?
How much rubbing is acceptable to you?
Are you willing to do fender work? (rolling/shaving, heavy modifications)
Do you like the meaty tire look or do you want the stretched tire look?

There is a lot to consider when going to a wide wheel and a low offset. Are you pretty familiar with tire and wheel sizing? Also consider that maintaining a proper wheel circumference, keeping it close to stock, means that your spare tire will fit if you ever need it. I'd hate to see someone on 22's try and fit a stock spare and drive safely.

Looks great. I am not a fan of stretched tires but I can admit I like the look. 215's on a 9"? Not horribly stretched.

Im currently rubbing at the moment, im still debating on trying to fit these in with a camber kit and rolling the fenders but I might just get new rims this weekend? Maybe 17×8 with a higher offset?

Back