Photos THE Plasti-Dip Pics Thread :D

Apparently plasti-dip is harder to find in Canada. Has anyone up here been able to find it at any retailers? I was out around today and neither Home Depot or Cdn Tire have any. I may just end up ordering online.
Just recently I have found Plasti-Dip in Canadian tire. I am not 100% certain if it is something they stock retailer wide or if it varies store to store. They charge about $22 per can + tax of course.

Just recently I have found Plasti-Dip in Canadian tire. I am not 100% certain if it is something they stock retailer wide or if it varies store to store. They charge about $22 per can + tax of course.

Since my original post I was able to find a few more places in Canada that sell it. The Showcase stores in the malls have it and I was lucky enough to find a distributor in my area. He charges about $15 a can.

Now for the real test. How is it going to hold up to the salt on the roads this winter?

I just couldn't get it right today, got texture on my wheels and have to redo them or get that thinner stuff, its a large area that is heavily textured so I'm probably going to peel and redo :(

It was also pouring and I was doing it in my open garage so maybe the humidity (1000000%) and heat had something to do with it as well.

First coat before the texture:

WheelAfter.jpeg

Hey, is that your very first quote? If so, you are starting way to thick. The base coat is supposed to be only 50% or so.

Thanks guys! I have since changed them to black, and I used the Rustoleum heat resistant paint for that. I really liked the look of the white, but the white plasti dip was pretty hard to keep clean and looking good.

Oh. White looked so much better IMO. Looks like a winter car on steelies now. Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian and see so many steelies for 7 months out of the year. I don't like black rims for this reason.

Since my original post I was able to find a few more places in Canada that sell it. The Showcase stores in the malls have it and I was lucky enough to find a distributor in my area. He charges about $15 a can.

Now for the real test. How is it going to hold up to the salt on the roads this winter?
Do you have a Home Hardware store? They carry it.

image.jpg

Did my emblems last night. I had to redo the from, because I accidentally uncovered chrome on the H. I will post a final image of my front end after I get back from church this afternoon. I am thinking about leaving the back as is with the black on the inside... Thoughts?

null_zpsaff458a6.jpg

null_zps9da9e96f.jpg

null_zps02849572.jpg

Did my emblems last night. I had to redo the from, because I accidentally uncovered chrome on the H. I will post a final image of my front end after I get back from church this afternoon. I am thinking about leaving the back as is with the black on the inside... Thoughts?

null_zpsaff458a6.jpg

null_zps9da9e96f.jpg

null_zps02849572.jpg

Are you from around jeff city? I saw the corwin honda plates

image.jpg

Reminds me a bit of the black emblems you can buy...just not glossy

Back