Possible 76mm or 80mm exhaust from Tanabe? Vote Now

Would you be interested in this exhaust?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
I think 76mm is the largest you'd need 80mm would be an over kill IMHO because you have a limited flow due to head.

True. But if Tanabe is to make either size, they will definitely do various and rigorous testing to see if it is doable or if there is a significant gain/loss.

yea, the ilx directly swaps with the si, the only change is that I need to make a whole for the exhaust tip...the mid-pipes part numbers are the same between the two.

I see. Or bend the tip down. Lol.

Got this email from CT (apparently there are more differences?):

Nope, there are other differences as well. The b-pipe tube that connects to the cat needs to be longer, the hangers are a different diameter and the hanger location is different in some spots. I don't have any pictures of the exhaust installed but if my memory serves me correct, you would need to clearance about 3-4 inches off the bottom lip of the TSX to clear the exhaust tip.

that's for the cat-back and not the downpipe. But they were comparing the si coupe vs the ilx sedan....thus, it should probably be deleted.

I'm aware, ... when we were in the ulitimate racing thread, I got confused. For some reason I was thinking you had said that wouldn't fit your ILX. I can keep the comment above if everything holds true in that. It was just my mental error thinking you wrote about fitment issues for the ILX in that UL thread.

Back