new speakers in LX

2012hondakid

Hanover, Pennsylvania
Vehicle Model
civic lx
Body Style
coupe
i was thinking about replacing my stock speakers in my lx to something more. since all the bass is in the doors it seems.....what you guys recommend for speaker selection? and is it easy to change out ?

i was thinking about replacing my stock speakers in my lx to something more. since all the bass is in the doors it seems.....what you guys recommend for speaker selection? and is it easy to change out ?

If you plan on replacing the speakers in the rear deck, be prepared to rip out all of the panels in the back seat. This includes the air bar covers, side panels, and back deck. I believe you will have to disconnect the seat belt anchor bolt as well. You will also need to purchase low profile speakers and an adapter. Last I checked, there were no specific adapters for the 9th.

If you plan on replacing the speakers in the rear deck, be prepared to rip out all of the panels in the back seat. This includes the air bar covers, side panels, and back deck. I believe you will have to disconnect the seat belt anchor bolt as well. You will also need to purchase low profile speakers and an adapter. Last I checked, there were no specific adapters for the 9th.
I have 2 Infinity speakers and 2 Alpine speakers to put in along with a sub and an amp. I'm waiting for a friend to help me out to install all of this.
Sounds long to take the rear deck apart. I assume these parts are all just clipped in. ?
What do you mean adapter?

I have 2 Infinity speakers and 2 Alpine speakers to put in along with a sub and an amp. I'm waiting for a friend to help me out to install all of this.
Sounds long to take the rear deck apart. I assume these parts are all just clipped in. ?
What do you mean adapter?

Clips and hooked pieces of plastic. Some of them are easy to break if you are not careful. The adapter is essentially a riser that clips into place and then the speaker will screw into that. There are no holes in the deck to screw down the rear speakers.

Clips and hooked pieces of plastic. Some of them are easy to break if you are not careful. The adapter is essentially a riser that clips into place and then the speaker will screw into that. There are no holes in the deck to screw down the rear speakers.
Thanks. So did you make your own risers/adapters?
I need to go start checking for photos on what it looks like back there.

If you want to start the DIY with what you have I can post pictures to add to it later on when I do mine. I could try to take pictures to fill in any gaps etc. if need be.

I drive a coupe so hardly anybody sits in the back.
The speakers back there look a lot bigger and bassier so try putting the sound biased towards the rear and crank it up and see if you like the acoustics better.

If you want to start the DIY with what you have I can post pictures to add to it later on when I do mine. I could try to take pictures to fill in any gaps etc. if need be.

I will see what I can do. I have a lot of pictures as it revolves around replacing the headunit and wiring to the rear speakers as well as for an amp and sub.

Any speaker you get from Crutchfield come with a bracket. They have fitments for both the front doors and the rear deck. They did note that the factory speaker doesn't match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. You may want to consider either getting a new deck as well to power them or at least getting a small amp with line level inputs. The factory head unit will not have enough power to run better speakers with any sort of improvement in sound.

I didnt know about the brackets. Anyone have a picture of these?

Ya, I'll be running an amp.

Back