I need help installing Eibach SportLine Springs

sqwiggle!

Hey guys,

So I recently purchased the Eibach Sportline Springs and I plan to install them myself because every shop in the area costs way too much or will not do it. But the springs came with little to no instructions and I was hoping you guys can help me out.

I have a spring compressor that I'll be renting from autozone and I've read through the diy for the 8th gen skunk springs. I'm not quite sure if the installation process is the same or not. Some differences, such as replacing the bushings? and the instructions on the sportlines said something about drilling a hole? (not quite sure)

I'm going to lower my car on sunday and I wanted to make sure the installation runs smoothly, or semi-smoothly.

Following that DIY should get you through it. No need to change out any bushings. Maybe just have to modify your front bump stops if the kit didn't come with a shorter set. Our cars have a very easy suspension setup that is easy to modify.

Just make sure you have all the tools. Be ready to commit at least 5 hours if it your first time and you're doing it alone.

Here you go: http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=23172

Im not sure if you need to compress at all. I compressed my H&Rs first time.

Second time I just unbolted and it didn't even pop off. And i just pressed the springs down to put them back on(helps to have a friend there). I think sport lines have higher rate so have some compressors in case u need it.

what you will want to get is camber arms and bolts, so you can get a proper alignment. you might as well do it all in one. If you got sportlines for your car you wont need anything else.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

The shops wanted to charge me at least 200 dollars which was the same price that I paid for the springs. I also have to pay 70 for an alignment afterwards too.

I think the link said something about not having to compress the sportlines but the stock ones to get them out for the front springs. I'll prob post some pics up on sunday if i get it going!

Thanks guys.

The shops wanted to charge me at least 200 dollars which was the same price that I paid for the springs. I also have to pay 70 for an alignment afterwards too.

I think the link said something about not having to compress the sportlines but the stock ones to get them out for the front springs. I'll prob post some pics up on sunday if i get it going!

i'm in concord and Nomar06 is in charlotte if you want some help. i know the civic's suspension inside and out after having taken mines apart so many times to do the sportlines, then the konis, and just messing around in general. when were you planning on installing them?

Reactions: Nix
btw, it's a LOT faster and easier if you have impact tools. even a cordless electric impact works so much better at removing the top hats than sitting there trying to hold the strut rod with an allen wrench while you turn the nut with a combination wrench

Thanks guys.

If you don't need to compress sportlines, you def dont need to compress stock springs, they are so soft.

I wasted my time compressing H&Rs

Read this as well: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/camber-kit-needed.7988/page-6#post-218276

Last edited:
i'm in concord and Nomar06 is in charlotte if you want some help. i know the civic's suspension inside and out after having taken mines apart so many times to do the sportlines, then the konis, and just messing around in general. when were you planning on installing them?

Help would be awesome! I'm doing it Sunday morning with my buddy and maybe the afternoon if I can't get it done because I've got obligations I have to attend to from noon-4.

If you don't need to compress sportlines, you def dont need to compress stock springs, they are so soft.

I wasted my time compressing H&Rs

Read this as well: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/camber-kit-needed.7988/page-6#post-218276

Hmm....do you think the godspeedproject ones that are on sale are worth getting with the springs I'm about to install? Seems like a good deal. I don't really know anything about camber kits. :(
Then I guess I'll have to wait to order those before doing the springs.

Hmm....do you think the godspeedproject ones that are on sale are worth getting with the springs I'm about to install? Seems like a good deal. I don't really know anything about camber kits. :(
Then I guess I'll have to wait to order those before doing the springs.

Yes its a great deal. You wont find anything cheaper for camber arms, and are good quality from what i have read/I have no problems so far. Dont waste time like me; get the arms, and the front camber bolts(if you want some negative camber in the front). Get the springs in and alignment done.

Also: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-honda-civic-suspension-options-with-product-info-links.6860/

And: http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShift2012CivicSuspPackages.htm

Not so true. Stock springs need a compressor I think, sportlines, you can do by hand.
I am using the godspeed arms with my sportlines , good stuff imo

Not so true. Stock springs need a compressor I think, sportlines, you can do by hand.
I am using the godspeed arms with my sportlines , good stuff imo
Sportlines are a lot more squishy at first because they are progressive. Therefore able to install the top mount by hand

Sportlines are a lot more squishy at first because they are progressive. Therefore able to install the top mount by hand

I think we have a consensus. Try to push spring down to where you can get the top bolt on. IF not you have the compressors..

Camber arms aren't neccessary unless youre looking for a perfect alignment. I dig the stance look and the sportlines gave me -2 degrees camber in the rear which looks pretty good with the drop. The fronts went to I believe just under -1 ish but the alignment was barely in the red.it would wander into the green and then flicker to red. And fyi to anyone who says camber causes excessive wear. It doesnt. Over the complete life of the tire it may start to show just before its time to replace the tires anyways. I've put 10k miles on my tires since i lowered it with this alignment and the tread depth Is the same across the whole tire. Just be sure to get the toe set good and keep the tires rotated every 5k. On a side note very excessive camber can cause rapid tire wear. Probably 3 degrees and better. Also I looked up the labor time on the computer ( I'm a tech at a VW dealership) before I did mine and if i remember correctly this job pays 8ish labor hours. It took me right at 4hrs my first time with a lift and powertools and such including the alignment.

I did have one issue though. The front springs in the sportline kit were wound backwards from the factory springs. In order to utilize my dust covers and such I had to put the left side on the right amd right on left. So far no issues. has anyone else noticed this? Let me know if you do@sqwiggle! When your into it.

Camber arms aren't neccessary unless youre looking for a perfect alignment. I dig the stance look and the sportlines gave me -2 degrees camber in the rear which looks pretty good with the drop. The fronts went to I believe just under -1 ish but the alignment was barely in the red.it would wander into the green and then flicker to red. And fyi to anyone who says camber causes excessive wear. It doesnt. Over the complete life of the tire it may start to show just before its time to replace the tires anyways. I've put 10k miles on my tires since i lowered it with this alignment and the tread depth Is the same across the whole tire. Just be sure to get the toe set good and keep the tires rotated every 5k. On a side note very excessive camber can cause rapid tire wear. Probably 3 degrees and better. Also I looked up the labor time on the computer ( I'm a tech at a VW dealership) before I did mine and if i remember correctly this job pays 8ish labor hours. It took me right at 4hrs my first time with a lift and powertools and such including the alignment.

I did have one issue though. The front springs in the sportline kit were wound backwards from the factory springs. In order to utilize my dust covers and such I had to put the left side on the right amd right on left. So far no issues. has anyone else noticed this? Let me know if you do@sqwiggle! When your into it.

did you buy the 8th gen springs? cuz the 8th gen had coil windings opposite the 9th gen (ie, left side on 8th gen matches right side on 9th gen)

If it is a daily driver, get a camber kit. Believe me from personal experience, you don't want to avoid a camber kit, it isn't worth your life. Eventually the tires will get so bad you will end up spending more getting tires anyways, go for SPC camber kit, get it aligned and done right. Sure, cambered tires look cool and all, but not when your tire explodes doing 70 mph down the interstate....

It's not the camber that causes excessive wear. It's the toe. Camber arms aren't necessary for smaller drops if you can still get the toe within spec

did you buy the 8th gen springs? cuz the 8th gen had coil windings opposite the 9th gen (ie, left side on 8th gen matches right side on 9th gen)

All the part numbers matched 9thgen springs and even bought them from this forum from a guy with a 9th gen

Back