DIY How to Plasti Dip your wheels

yeah, it scrapes off with some abrasive/force from a rough object... the best thing is if it starts to in an area, just press it down and lay a thin coat over it to resmooth/stick it : )

How well does paint stick to the dip? Just say, you spray black/white, but use it as a base so no sanding...then spray over it with another color (not sure of available colors for dip). I'm sure some members may do something crazy like blue or yellow, or like a design lol

Paint will stick to the dip because its like a rubber material. You would still be able to remove it like regular plasti dip

Paint will stick to the dip because its like a rubber material. You would still be able to remove it like regular plasti dip

I kinda figured, was just asking lol...and that is good that it peels off...maybe one day when wife pisses me off, i will just DIP the wheels and be like OMG I MESSED UP MY NEW RIDE!!! hahaah

that's how my ex was. my response was generally "a) it's not your car, and b) i don't say **** about you having hello kitty magnets , bumper stickers, and window decals, so you shouldn't say crap about my exhaust and tint"

How well does paint stick to the dip? Just say, you spray black/white, but use it as a base so no sanding...then spray over it with another color (not sure of available colors for dip). I'm sure some members may do something crazy like blue or yellow, or like a design lol

A bunch of new colors are coming out at the end of September. I'm counting down the days because I am waiting on the hot pink for my badges! I'd imagine that you'd be less excited about the hot pink....

image.jpg image.jpg
Black on orange is awesome! Sorry for the shitty pic outside it was cold as hell and just wanted to get a quick pic.

Looks really good considering the black insert on the rear bumper and the matte black splash guards.

What do you guys think?

Now I am trying to think how to do black with a red trim.. painters tape and steady hands might work. Always wanted either gold or black with red trim... both would look nice depends on effort and patience I have

Back