DIY How to Plasti Dip your Front Bottom Grill

It looks good, but something about it just doesn't seem right.. I can't get over how it kind of goes against the body lines of the bumper.. I'm not hating at all though... I wish the si sedans had the more aggressive looking front end like the coupes..

NICE DIY Arm0ged0n

I actually thought about doing this the day I bought my Civic lol But I just got around to actually doing it this weekend....I put some card-stock paper behind the grill to avoid getting over spray on my AC condenser. It's my first time using plasti-dip and I think it came out good, if I do say so myself.

8569219002_c6f0c27fcc_b.jpg

I like the look of it. What lip is that under the bumper?

I like the look of it. What lip is that under the bumper?

Thanks! it's subtle, but still adds to it....I love subtle mods.

It's an EZ-Lip, which is an inexpensive mod/lip that's actually very durable and it looks pretty cool too.

Ah. It looked like a S204 lip from that angle.

NICE DIY Arm0ged0n

I actually thought about doing this the day I bought my Civic lol But I just got around to actually doing it this weekend....I put some card-stock paper behind the grill to avoid getting over spray on my AC condenser. It's my first time using plasti-dip and I think it came out good, if I do say so myself.

8569219002_c6f0c27fcc_b.jpg
It looks really good man! Glad that my DIY helped a llittle bit :)

It looks really good man! Glad that my DIY helped a llittle bit :)

Thanks bro! Yeah, it did help. I had a little problem with the fine edge on the right (passenger) side, it lifted a little when I peeled the tape, but I just waited a couple of minutes for it to get tacky then pushed it down with my finger, I re-taped it along the line and resprayed a couple more coats, came out great! I read that you can put on as many coats as you want before peeling the tape, you just gotta peel the tape while your final coat is still wet.

Last edited:
Back