HELP! 9th Civic LX Sedan LOWERING SPRINGS?

R_K_17

Hey everyone,

i'm new to this site, so please, bear with me here.
i've got a 2012 LX sedan, and i'm planning on lowering it...
My friend offered to lower my car (including springs) for 600 dollars with eibach springs, for a grand total drop of 1 inch..
I feel like i need somewhere along the lines of a 2.0-3.0 inch drop. any suggestions as to what springs i should get, and from where? cost is also an issue.

also, will i need anything other than just the springs? camber kit?
again, i'm very new to this.

any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

The only thing available for non-SI models right now=eibach. Other options are expected to be done in May.

Aren't those springs like $239 online? Sounds like your friend is charging a lot for labor

so all i need are the springs + somebody to install?

how much do you guys reckon that would cost?

$150-200ish at a shop for installation. All you need are the springs.

will eibach sportlines provide me with a 2.5 inch drop?
i dont want anything less

any places you guys would recommend in the vancouver bc area?

no they are not 2.5" drop unless they are missing some coils

A 2.5" drop is huge. On my sportlines (about 1.75-2" drop) on my 8th gen, i'd scrape everywhere I go (I live in a hilly mountain area). If you don't have angled driveways and hills, the sportlines would be perfect.

But there's no sportlines available for te 9th gen yet. You can run 8th gen coils, which will give you a little more of a drop, but you gotta buy the rear upper isolators for the 8th gen

06+ SI springs --- for comparison

eibach sportlines are rated for 1.4" front/rear drop
eibach prokit 1 inch front/rear
neuspeed race were rated 2 inch front/rear
progress 1.3/1.2 front/rear
to get a 2.5 inch drop, you're going to need coilovers, and then you're talking like a thousand dollars plus in parts

At a 2" drop you will need camber kit to adjust everything. Camber arms or plates for the rear and I don't think there are any 9th specific ones yet. I don't know if 8th gen stuff will fit. Probably best bet would be the ingalls sliders for the rear since arms haven't been made yet. Camber bolts for the front? Ask redshift chris. He might know what would fit.

2" drop is pretty significant. Also you will definitely wear out your stock struts quickly with that sort of drop. You will probably be looking into new struts or a Koni upgrade. For $600 you are almost in cheap coilover territory. Then you can actually adjust your drop.

So i figured that I no longer want a 3 inch drop, as i dont want to spend money on new shocks and stuff. i only need about 1.5"
anybody hear anything about the eibachs that are due to come out in may? how about the H&R's?

Back