Don't ever do this.. fml

CivicSiFtw

Concord, NH
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
forgot my parking brake today. this is the result. guess theres a first time for everything. feel so sick. not sleepin tonight. droppin it off at the shop early in the morning.. always double check your parking brake guys..

photo (5).JPG
photo (6).JPG
photo (7).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
:sadwavey: sorry to see. No other cars or people were hurt I hope?

So sorry bro....Iv'e had that same experience when I owned a 97 jeep wrangler. Happened in a grocery store parking lot, no damage to mine, but dented a womans car and busted her sideview mirror. Fortunately there was a cop already there, I told him what happened, she didnt press charges-turned out she had a suspended license-lol
Anyways, youre not alone....happens to the best of us.
Hope you get your car fixed :bighug:

You live and you learn..
Dropped a Scion tC on my foot. No jack stands. Years later, still can't feel my foot. Oh boy.

Sorry to hear it............ Do you not use 1st gear when parked? Or was it in gear?

Had a similar experience where my dads Boss parked his car on a hill and he didn't pull his e brake, well I get a call that somebody banged my car! Needless to say he paid for the damages but what's the chances of my dads boss haha

Sorry to see this. I hope it will be resolved quickly and with the least pain possible.

I guess at least it didn't roll into someone else's car or a neighbor's house, etc. :ohnoes:

Last edited:
By the way, it's great that you shared this with us, as it will at some point in time save someone else from losing their parked car to a hill. I think some of the steps it takes to make sure it doesn't get away, is as already mentioned, use bre-brake and 1st gear. But also some extra things that help on steep and long term parking , is to turn the wheels(FRT) toward the curb, also chalking a wheel if you know your e-brake needs adjustment.
While on the subject of e-brakes, I find that I like to pull the handle as close to holding the car without over pulling it. The way I do it is not to let the button click while applying, but to pull till it feels it's good, then releasing the button to lock, reason being is the cable won't get stretched all to crap. And it will give you to practice for using a e-brake while driving with out locking the E-brake.

Due to the amout of ppl that are on here, it could seem like everyones bashing you, where it's more like they are confirming to their selves what they need to do, so as not to repeat it.

While on the subject of e-brakes, I find that I like to pull the handle as close to holding the car without over pulling it. The way I do it is not to let the button click while applying, but to pull till it feels it's good, then releasing the button to lock, reason being is the cable won't get stretched all to crap. And it will give you to practice for using a e-brake while driving with out locking the E-brake.

I usually do the same.

Ironically, the closest that I've had a car roll away on me was in my old 5 series, in my driveway. The e-brake in that car literally needs to be pulled as tight as possible for it to work. For whatever reason I got out of the car with it in neutral and the e-brake wasn't pulled all the way and it rolled back. Luckily onto some flat land and stopped.

That sucks! It could be worse though, the body shop I work in has an 03 mustang in that did the exact same thing except his car rolled down the side of his brick house... It's a lot worse than yours :)

thanks everybody. ya i take it all as constructive criticism haha.. itll never happen again to this guy.. but its in the shop as of this morning and should be done by thursday. ill post pics when shes brand new again.. so much id rather spend that $500 deductible on though..

Man, I feel for you...almost did this myself today..was getting out of my car after doing a datalog and was preoccupied with removing the flash pro... almost got to see what my car looks like in my neighbor's driveway... :pat:

It's so second nature for me to put it in gear (usually 2nd) and to pull the ebrake I am Levine my automatic rental in drive and pulling the ebrake when I park lol. My car is in the shop now for hitting a deer so I know what your feeling. Sorry to hear this happened.

Sorry to see your car like that, fortunately no one was hurt and cars can be fixed.

My dad always parks his car in gear, but occasionally forgets to set the parking brake or set it fully. A couple times ive come home to find a car sitting in the middle of the street

Last edited:
Back