DIY DIY - Honda 5 Pin Magic Switch!

The plug fits well and works almost perfectly, however, if you wedge a small piece of plastic where the plug fits together it will keep the plug sitting perfectly straight and snug. As soon as you have the OEM button switch and this little green plug you will understand. If you cannot find the green plug PM me and I might be able to find one for you and sell it to you.

Thanks guys, I have some experience with soldering so I think I'll just do that.
Btw, if you use this switch, let's say to connect to ambient lights, will the lights come on when you first start the car? Be off when you first start? Or will it be whatever position you left it at when you shut off the car?

Thanks guys, I have some experience with soldering so I think I'll just do that.
Btw, if you use this switch, let's say to connect to ambient lights, will the lights come on when you first start the car? Be off when you first start? Or will it be whatever position you left it at when you shut off the car?
they can if you like. it's a push button so you could leave them on or off all the time :)

they can if you like. it's a push button so you could leave them on or off all the time :)
Awesome, thanks. Gonna wire one of these to my ambient lights, it'll look a lot better than how it's hooked up now.
I wonder what else I can use these switches for...hmmm

Awesome, thanks. Gonna wire one of these to my ambient lights, it'll look a lot better than how it's hooked up now.
I wonder what else I can use these switches for...hmmm
yeah man that way you can leave it on or off whenever you want :)

Either we all like to repeat ourselves today or the site is acting screwy with the double-posts. :confused:

uploadfromtaptalk1367903350073.jpg
How am I supposed to take apart the switch to solder those pins?

View attachment 17010
How am I supposed to take apart the switch to solder those pins?

Push the blue tabs in and it will slide forward. It may catch after sliding it in about a quarter inch. Just use a small flathead screwdriver to assist you. There are two tabs on the button cap itself that need to be slightly pulled outward and it will pop off. I can post pics later tonight if you need me to.

Push the blue tabs in and it will slide forward. It may catch after sliding it in about a quarter inch. Just use a small flathead screwdriver to assist you. There are two tabs on the button cap itself that need to be slightly pulled outward and it will pop off. I can post pics later tonight if you need me to.
I'll try it today to see if I can get it, if not pics would be helpful. I'll let you know. Thanks!

You sure you don't want to go with the green plug connector? Do you have an auto wreckers close to your place?

You sure you don't want to go with the green plug connector? Do you have an auto wreckers close to your place?

it's a good option but it's a far drive for me

would you be able to post those sometime?

it's a good option but it's a far drive for me

would you be able to post those sometime?

D'oh. Completely forgot! :oops: Let me see if I can point some stuff out on the pic you posted. Give me a few minutes.

uploadfromtaptalk1367903350073.jpg

OK. So. Where the two arrows are pointing to the sides, you should see some whit tabs coming from the front of the button. Slip your fingernails under these and pull them out while applying pressure going forward. DO NOT pull too hard or you will possibly snap them. Now, where the two bottom arrows are, push those blue tabs in while applying pressure going forward. They are a bit tough so just don't give up. This is the part where it may catch a bit on the inside due to a line in the molding. It is not much of a catch. I originally used a small screwdriver to help me get past it, but I eventually figured out that enough pressure would do the trick.

OK. So. Where the two arrows are pointing to the sides, you should see some whit tabs coming from the front of the button. Slip your fingernails under these and pull them out while applying pressure going forward. DO NOT pull too hard or you will possibly snap them. Now, where the two bottom arrows are, push those blue tabs in while applying pressure going forward. They are a bit tough so just don't give up. This is the part where it may catch a bit on the inside due to a line in the molding. It is not much of a catch. I originally used a small screwdriver to help me get past it, but I eventually figured out that enough pressure would do the trick.

Thanks! i think i'll be trying this tonight then

It will be in whatever position you left it in. The button stays up just a touch when turned off and goes in just a touch when it's in the on position.

Reactions: 323
Back