vote

• option1

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • option2

Votes: 54 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not paying $50 for a license plate frame. I prefer being without one as it is, but would support the site as I always do.
$50 could get me a lot LOL

I did some tests with the logo on the top, and it didn't turn out any better. The base of the "9" sticks down into the plate. When they create the buffer to stick into the plate area itself... it looked even worse.

I did some tests with the logo on the top, and it didn't turn out any better. The base of the "9" sticks down into the plate. When they create the buffer to stick into the plate area itself... it looked even worse.
Boo.. I thought that the logo could 'bleed' a little into the plate area... basically if you mirrored the bottom on top. oh well :)

p4.jpg

it was something like this - I don't have the original file that was mocked up any more

Ya, agree. It doesn't look good that way.

Last edited:
View attachment 18556

it was something like this - I don't have the original file that was mocked up any more
I know I'm the minority here, but I actually like it like that *shrug*.

Whatever though, as soon as these puppies are available, they're going on the car, doesn't matter to me!

Last edited:
I'll leave the poll open a little longer and then I'll have to submit the info to the manufacturer for mold production. Turnaround will be at least a few weeks once they have the mold approved.

I'll leave the poll open a little longer and then I'll have to submit the info to the manufacturer for mold production. Turnaround will be at least a few weeks once they have the mold approved.
I'm going to assume that it would be too expensive to get both made. ??? I prefer the original logo.

Last edited:
I can't extend the 9 into the plate any further than what that shows. That graphic may even be exaggerating how big the logo would be. You can only go so far into the plate area...above the normal "frame boundary" for mold production. So, it may actually be slightly smaller than what that shows above.

I'm going to assume that it would be too expensive to get both made. ??? I prefer the original logo.
I would rather do the original logo, but I don't want to deal with two molds, two setup fees, two sets of inventory etc. It would be an extremely expensive proposition, as most companies want you to make a pretty substantial order. I'd be sitting on inventory levels that I'd probably not be able to sell for well over 3yrs.

View attachment 18556

I really like it,would actually get one but fear it will be real expensive.i used to work in the plastic mold industry and that mold would be real expensive,thousands would have to be sold to make it worth it.

I really like it,would actually get one but fear it will be real expensive.i used to work in the plastic mold industry and that mold would be real expensive,thousands would have to be sold to make it worth it.
It'll be significantly cheaper than a Yospeed frame, I think the 8th one I had on my old car was ~$25 or so? I don't remember exactly. I'm sure webby can comment on possible pricing since he's dealt with this before.

Am I missing something? I don't see were to vote... But my choice is the second one with the big logo on bottom...

Am I missing something? I don't see were to vote... But my choice is the second one with the big logo on bottom...

Poll is at the top. If you see the results, it means you have voted already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back