2014 EVO X GSR

TheKhmerboy92

Connecticut
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Sorry for being late I traded my 2012 SI 8 months ago for a base model 2014 EVO X GSR!!

She's making 335AWHP and 335AWTQ at 28psi

List of Mods on here so far:

Invidia N1 single exit catback
Ultimate racing testpipe with Mini muffler
ETS intake
Grimmspeed 3 ports boost control
Upper intercooler pipe
Accessport V3
AEM A/F ratio wideband
BC BR racing coilover

The day I found her sitting at the dealership :D
IMG_0860.JPG

The day my two girls met each other and also the day I have to say goodbye to the SI and welcome the EVO X
IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0885.JPG

Her first day at her new home
IMG_0888.JPG

She's enjoying her summer time.
IMG_0926.JPG IMG_0929.JPG

Finally drop her on BC BR racing coilover
IMG_1066.JPG

Her first winter
IMG_1705.JPG

Now it's time for her to get ready for Spring with little mods.
Bought her Invidia N1 single exit exhaust.
IMG_1734.JPG

The engine bay so far!!!
IMG_1826.JPG

Last edited:
Great switch. Any other plans for the future?

Very nice ride! That's a crazy amount of boost you're running. :omg:

Congrats on your purchase. Did you run snow tires this winter?

28 lbs of boost seems like a lot to us Si guys because we have a high compressio ratio, so it only takes what, 7 or 8 lbs for us to hit like around 300 whp. Cars that are built for boost typically run a lower compression ratio and more boost. For example I believe the Focus ST hits 17 lbs stock. That Evo stock hits probably around 20 or maybe a tad more. Still I love Evo X's, thats is one awesome car and probably a blast to drive at that power level :)

Cars that are built for boost typically run a lower compression ratio and more boost

I'm familiar with this I have a lower compression build on my older civic. I guess I just didn't look at it from that point of view, I've never had the pleasure of owning a factory turbo car.

Posts on the evo forums claim they've hit 20-24lbs peak boost being stock at certain altitides.

Great switch. Any other plans for the future?
Future plan will be to push her close to 400AWHP with E85 without upgrading the stock turbo.
The next mods will be:
Downpipe
Fuel pump upgrade with E85 compilable.
1200cc fuel injectors.
3.5 intercooler.
Retune for dual map 93/E85.

Awsome car sir ! Enjoy her!
The car is awesome I enjoy her every times I drive. The only thing I don't like about the car is its need a 6th gear because cruising on the highway in 5th gear at 65mph right around 3500RPM and that's a lot of gas need to be burn.
Also the mpg is suck on this car if I drive her like an old lady I would get at least 17mpg in the city but if I drive like an idiot I probably get 13 to 14mpg.

Reactions: Nix
Very nice ride! That's a crazy amount of boost you're running. :omg:

Thank you! yeah I got the same reaction when I told people my car running 28psi lol. But it's just what it is with the evo x and I think stock EVO is right around 20 or more psi

Looks good! 28psi is a lot of boost, must be fun.
Thank you! It's fun with all that boosts and also a lot of fireballs shooting out hahaha

Congrats on your purchase. Did you run snow tires this winter?
Thank you!
No the car still on stock summer tires lol.
I just want to wait to get a new set of rims for her and then buy a set of winter tires then.

28 lbs of boost seems like a lot to us Si guys because we have a high compressio ratio, so it only takes what, 7 or 8 lbs for us to hit like around 300 whp. Cars that are built for boost typically run a lower compression ratio and more boost. For example I believe the Focus ST hits 17 lbs stock. That Evo stock hits probably around 20 or maybe a tad more. Still I love Evo X's, thats is one awesome car and probably a blast to drive at that power level :)

Yep and thank you! I love every minutes of it :domokundance:

BTW you daily your EVO or is it just a weekend warrior? My friend has one too and it can get very noisy on the highway. If I remember correctly 5th gear is at 3k RPM just over 60mph. Other than that they handle like a dream bone stock.

BTW you daily your EVO or is it just a weekend warrior? My friend has one too and it can get very noisy on the highway. If I remember correctly 5th gear is at 3k RPM just over 60mph. Other than that they handle like a dream bone stock.

It's my weekend warrior but sometime I DD her once in while. When it was stock it's kind of noisy but after installing the intake and exhaust she's sound a lot better but u still hear all the rattling and road noise etc. To be honest it worst than the SI lol.

Conrats man. Sad to see you sell the Civic but I bet that EVO is a ton of fun. Hope you really like it!

Back