2012 Si Coupe Eibach Sportlines installed with pics + a wheel test fit.

P Hig

Indianapolis, IN
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
Ive only seen one or two other posts with these installed and they were sedans so heres one of my coupe. Although the sportlines are on back order for another month I was able to find a set from a fellow member on 9thgen. First off, I'm a Volkswagen technician as well as an extreme Honda Fanboy. If anything I mention sounds odd, confusing, or questionable please ask. I'm very cautious when it comes to my car. Ive owned it since November of 2012 and stumbled upon it by luck/accident but thats another story in itself (feel free to ask). Upon the purchase I bought the extended warranties and all the usual upsells the dealer has (aside from the protective paint coating. I was hesitant to get my car lowered because I just spent $2k in warranties but i just couldnt stand the body-roll and height. I really wanted the drop that coils offer but for $220 I had to snag these I did everything the correct way, no hackjobs or strippig bolts/ overtorquing. The kit was installed 6/01/13 so its bee a little over a week and 500 miles so I believe everything is settled as much as possible.​
I feel theres no real need to show someone how to do this job as its easy as an oil change and there are plenty of other write ups on how to do it. It consists of loosening at tightening bolts. If you cant handle that then you probably shouldnt be attempting it on a brand new vehicle. If you can handle it then be sure to use extra caution with the springs when they are under tension. It only took 3hrs to do the whole installation including a test drive and alignment, all performed by yours truely. I took extra caution and care not to damage anything as I plan to swap all stock stuff back if i have any issues under warranty. 3hrs is a pretty respectable time considering the caution that took place and it pays nearly 6hrs tto do the work if performed at a shop.​
ONLY ONE ISSUE THAT CAME ABOUT!​
while installing the front springs i had to switch the right and left springs in order to use the rubber pieces that slide on the first coil on the top, which was also part of the dust shield that slides down te middle of the spring. All due to the fact that the springs are wound opposite of stock.​
I noticed a pretty big difference after installing the springs in both height and ride quality. Definant 2'' drop up front and at least 1 3/4'' drop in rear. I forgot to take a before pic So I lifted the car a bit to reach stock spec and snapped a quick pic. Now that everything has settled ive measured 2.2'' in front and just under 2'' in rear. $200 well spent. I feel the car rides 100x better than stock.​
Before.​
Screenshot_2013-06-10-11-02-43.png
A week after. Everything is settled.Screenshot_2013-06-10-11-07-18.png
Front up close after​
Screenshot_2013-06-10-11-07-59.pngRear up close after.Screenshot_2013-06-10-11-07-43.png Lookin sexy in the morning no bath for a week. 9thgen reppin.Screenshot_2013-06-10-10-56-12.png
After the alignment i had exactly -2.5 degrees camber in the rear on both sides and -.5 in front on both sides. No camber kits yet.​
Now for the wheel test fitting.​
I know this isnt the correct place for wheel fitment, but it helps give people an idea of how aggressive of a wheel they can use with these springs.​
A buddies XXR's 17x9 +28. Poked about an inch front and rear.Screenshot_2013-06-10-10-55-48.pngPoke in rear. Ignore the nasty shoes :). I work in them, theyre comfy.Screenshot_2013-06-10-11-01-26.png
Poke in frontScreenshot_2013-06-10-11-01-43.png
Rear viewScreenshot_2013-06-10-11-01-56.png

Looks great.

I would personally get the camber arms for the rear, then bolts up front. The excessive negative rear camber is going to make the understeer even worse.

Last edited:
I do plan on getting the rear camber arms. Although there isnt a whole lot of understeer. The xar handles really amazing over stock and it really shows on interstate ramps. yes excessive camber will do that but judging by my 2.5 degrees id say that wont be an issue for about another degree. Ill have to wait and confirm it.

What was the tore sizes used for those 17x9 +25? You think if I went with 17x9 +35 wrapped in 215/45 it wouldn't poke as bad? And how bad are the rubs? If any.

These were 205/50's and 17x9 +28. Those would poke roughly the same amount. If you are looking for stance then get camber arms and give it more camber. That will rid the poke. These would rub pretty good without a fender roll at least. Camber kits would help as well.For a nice flush fit I think i caculated 17x8.25 +35 would be best. With some 215 or 225's.

Did you use the eibach bump stops? If you left the rears stock, are you hitting the stops? I can't decide if I should install all the eibach bump stops.. Installing Monday.

Did you use the eibach bump stops? If you left the rears stock, are you hitting the stops? I can't decide if I should install all the eibach bump stops.. Installing Monday.

My friend and I used the stock rear bump stops when installing his Sportlines. I'm not 100% certain about the front, but I'm pretty sure we used the stocks as well. He has yet to experience any problems.

Last edited:

Install the fronts at least . Rear is not as bad since there's more travel. Its more work but I would do both....They made em shorter so you don't ride on them all the time(worst case), engage them often (better case).

Not sure if you are installing yourself, but I would love to see how much strut/damper travel there is in the front before engaging those stops (in other words how much of the damper rod there is) . By having the wheels off and jacking up the the knuckle/rotors to simulate weight; and the dust boot lifted. :D

Or just like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/acquacow/1867967716/sizes/o/in/set-72157602922993566/

Last edited:
Anyway you can do the above P Hig? since you have a lift :D I really wanna clear this bump stop issue once and for all. Since i believe we are all riding on the crumby things.

In fact, anyone not using the dust boots. would be awesome to see photo of the struts.

Last edited:
You will def feel it. Especially over bumps; and a 2" drop. I would say it far from a stock ride.
Actually, just rode back from installing mine at work. Sportlines with rear arms. Feels like stock on the highway, over bridges and whatnot. Very smooth ride.

are you planning to get a set of the xxr wheels, or you're going a different route?

Actually, just rode back from installing mine at work. Sportlines with rear arms. Feels like stock on the highway, over bridges and whatnot. Very smooth ride.
I dunno about you but stock was like butter. With the h&r which is a smaller drop you can def feel all imperfections in the roads. Now on a nicely paved road its pretty close to stock. But if you hit bumps cracks u know you're not stock.

I dunno about you but stock was like butter. With the h&r which is a smaller drop you can def feel all imperfections in the roads. Now on a nicely paved road its pretty close to stock. But if you hit bumps cracks u know you're not stock.
Idk, I feel like it's pretty close. I travel over some nasty bridges o the highway with construction and I was expecting some harshness, but nope.

Sorry I havent replied to any of this but ive been real busy. I only installed the eibach bump stops on the front. The only time i hit them is over crucial bumps I didnt see haha. The ride I feel is better than stock and sounds better when you hit bumps. Stock seemed very loose with tons of roll and when you hit bumps it sounded like ****. With the eibachs they forgive the bumps and dont have a lot of noise. Perfect drop for everyday use. I think mine is a little over 2" in the front and real close to 2" in the rear. No issues yet and they have about 5k miles on them. I will say it took about a month for the springs to stop making noise while turning at super low speeds.
And no im not looking for any wheels in particular webby. Just test fitred these from a buddies rsx for fun. Im pretty content with my 06-08 si wheels powdercoated shocker yellow for now. I think im gonna go coilovers after this winter and ill purchase some more aggressive wheels then.

Back