DIY DIY - Honda 5 Pin Magic Switch!

You could turn one switch upside down for the 'underglow'..... just saying.
I good idea, unfortunately the screw holes are in staggered positions so the switch can only go in one way.

EDIT: No, I was wrong on this post. Yes, in fact you can turn it and it all lines up.

Last edited:
I WANT TO START BY SAYING: THANKS SO MUCH TO Pauly99to17!!! None of this would be possible without him :D:D:D:D

He found the first two pins for illumination which helped us work our way to success with the rest of the switch!!

Alright!

So this has been a long lasting project of mine!

This DIY Deals with these special 5 pin powered switches from Honda
PN: 08E10-TA0-1M035
BUY IT HERE:http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c..._in=all&search_str=08E10-TA0-1M035&make=honda
WBpxf.sized.jpg

Switch function can be seen Below

I've found some new info as to how this part works! Magic little button really, the average switch has 2 or 3 lead. One positive, one ground and one return. That is all.
These have 5! Here is how they work :)

If you choose not to solder the wires, you can go to an old wrecking yard and get some of the green plug shown in the video!! I put a plastic because mine was ultraaaa lose :D
Any Honda from 1989 or newer, use the 5 pin switch...
The button may consist of, but are not limited to:
- TCS On/Off button
- fog light swtich
- sunroof button
- cruise switch
- parking light switch (from old CRX's)
- Heated mirror button (2002 Accords)
- ANY HONDA HAZARD SWITCH (LITERALLY EVERY ONE)
- etc etc etc... anything switchable :) If it has 5 pins, take that plug :D

STARTING FROM BOTTOM PIN IF SWITCH light icon points down
LIKE SO:
4koS4It.png

Pin 1- GROUND for illumination
Pin 2- Power/Live wire for illumination
Pin 3- GROUND for Switch
Pin 4- Power for switch
Pin 5- Positive, this completes the circuit for the on/off function

Hope this really helps some people! So no matter what you're doing you can have an OEM look on all your switching :D

vs7f0J9.png

ONCE AGAIN, a combined work! Please don't forget to thank Pauly99to17!!! We both put actual hours into this silly switch!!

Sweet, so this means between my old Accord, and my Accord parts car, I should have about 4 of the 5 pin plugs.... if the same one is used for cruise and sunroof, since both cars have sunroof and cruise.

Thanks guys!

Heavy duty hot melt adhesive is a great thing! The clear glue sticks suck though... have to get the industrial quality yellow hot melt glue sticks.

I wasn't talking about turning the hazard switch upside down, but rather the ambient light switch, since Alienprime said that he was going to run 3 of those switches, one for underglow. It appears to be a friction mount switch from the pictures you posted of both switches together.

Heavy duty hot melt adhesive is a great thing! The clear glue sticks suck though... have to get the industrial quality yellow hot melt glue sticks.

Yellow glue sticks eh??? The ones that go in a craft glue gun? I might have to try that out.
There is one clip on each of my OEM window visors that is loose and rattles in the wind when I get up to highway speeds. ....drives me nuts. I gotta add a touch of glue so those things so they can't move anymore.

EDIT: Yes, you are right. The switch is a pinch fit. I mixed up the hazrad light with the OEM switch. So the phot above should NOT have those butterfly wings on it (with screw holes).

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about turning the hazard switch upside down, but rather the ambient light switch, since Alienprime said that he was going to run 3 of those switches, one for underglow. It appears to be a friction mount switch from the pictures you posted of both switches together.
Ya, the picture I posted is the back of the OEM ambient light switch. I was just commenting that it is the same, that's all. Your idea will work easily after all! :D

Last edited:
I would leave them all face down (light shining down like pictures) it's the way honda designed it so i want it to look as OEM as possible :)

Ya, I think I would have preferred rays down too, but couldn't get it to work that way. Oh well, in a couple weeks I won't even notice anymore.

EDIT: It works with rays going up or down.

Last edited:
There are screws that mount the ambient light switch? I thought those were pinch fit?
Whoa, been a while since i looked at this! The OEM button does not have screws, the JDM hazard switch does. I actually made a mistake while testing, all the wiring and trying different bulbs in the two buttons, and put the butterfly screw attachment which belongs with hazard light onto the OEM 5 pin button. I switched it back before installation.
:pat:
All's well that ends well.

Last edited:
If you choose not to solder the wires, you can go to an old wrecking yard and get some of the green plug shown in the video!! I put a plastic because mine was ultraaaa lose :D
Can you explain this part to me a little more?
What does the green plug do?
And what do you mean you "put a plastic"?

Can you explain this part to me a little more?
What does the green plug do?
And what do you mean you "put a plastic"?
it's the portion that you will use to wire from each terminal pin inside the switch. not going to lie these are extremely hard to find :(

Back