Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Hi I'm James and I have a problem. I look at my stonks too often and pick up free lawn mowers.

My current lawn mower with rod knock has a 6hp Briggs and Stratton engine. This new free one is a 6.75 Briggs and Stratton. So I'm doing an engine swap. Got this one started pretty quick.
1000006182.jpg

Gonna be nice tomorrow and in the low-mid 70's (F) of course when people are at work...

Hi I'm James and I have a problem. I look at my stonks too often and pick up free lawn mowers.

My current lawn mower with rod knock has a 6hp Briggs and Stratton engine. This new free one is a 6.75 Briggs and Stratton. So I'm doing an engine swap. Got this one started pretty quick.
Good luck

So wait, is this the second free mower, or this is the one with the carb being replaced?

So wait, is this the second free mower, or this is the one with the carb being replaced?
Second free one! Still have the other one but I already ordered the carb for that one so I'll choose which one I want to keep and sell the other to recoup the money spent on the carb.

Stayed up till midnight and saw nothing.
People around me saw them but I couldn't see crap, even with a phone. Didn't feel like driving around to find a "good spot", so I guess an Alaska or Iceland trip may have to happen.

Good news everyone!

Swapped the engine on my lawn mower yesterday. Only broke one bolt removing the engine from the donor mower. Runs great. Starts right up. Need to do a full lawn cut to stress test it and make sure it's good. I'll have to remove the engine again and extract the bolt too. Then it needs a new belt for the self propel.

Got the Amazon carb today. Slapped it on. Gave some issues at first but it runs great now. Need to button it up and it needs a new belt too and it's done.

Once they're both good I'm gonna sell one and try to either break even or make $5. The quest for a free lawn mower is going well.

I think I've asked this already but is the frequency of airplane accidents much higher than normal or is it just showing up in my news feed more often?

I think I've asked this already but is the frequency of airplane accidents much higher than normal or is it just showing up in my news feed more often?

Both? Feel like it's happening more and also reported more.

Every incident is being reported in the news. I don’t think it’s specifically more things happening on airplanes, but definitely news items trying to dunk on the industry. Maintenance facilities seem to be having issues with doing their work.

Lots of these have been on 10-35 year old airplanes the manufacturers haven’t touched - except the Alaska Air door incident. A321Neo is probably a new plane though.

:wave: Morning.

The sun is out (for now).... Probably going away soon for the rain we are getting tomorrow/this weekend.

I'm heading out of the country on Saturday :woot:

SCHEDULED AIRCRAFT
Boeing 737-800

:eek:

Last edited:
Back