SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi - thoughts?

How did you feel about Star Wars: The Last Jedi

• Thumbs Up

• Thumbs Down

• On the Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrsJrotax101

Administrator
Admin
DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER
UNLESS YOU WANT TO POTENTIALLY READ SPOILERS

upload_2017-12-20_23-30-15.png
So, to those that have seen this movie, what are your thoughts? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews from others.

We just saw it last night, and honestly I'm on the fence. I think they tried too hard to be funny in some areas, especially with Luke. Yoda was a disappointment.

I'd love to hear what you all thought...

I felt like they tried to shove to much into to little time. My biggest disappointment in it was how they chose to kill phasma

• Staff
I like Phasma (not the voice)
I dressed up like Captain Phasma for my Disney 10k last year. Doing the Half Marathon this April.

Some background before I get to my opinion on the movie: I strongly despise Episode 1&2, tolerate episode 3. Absolutely love the original 3, and don't care that much about all the Expanded universe stuff. Now, onto my thoughts:

I honestly thought this movie was way better than Force Awakens, and slightly better than Rouge One. However, this movie does have its flaws. I'll start with the tolerable ones and work my way up to the worst part of the movie. *SPOILERS AHEAD*.

The whole scene where Poe was pretending he was on hold was funny, but irrelevant, and does not really fit well in the supposedly hyper advanced past the movies are set in.

How Luke was portrayed in this movie doesn't really fit his character. I can't really put my finger on it, but it just didn't FEEL like the Luke in the original trilogy.

The whole porg thing was stupid. And that's all I'm going to say about that

Finally, my number one complaint about the movie was that dumbass scene where all of a sudden, Leigh can use the force. And survive in space. AND FORCE PULL HERSELF BACK ON TO THE SHIP. I came so close to walking out of the movie after that scene.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Staff
I think you got everything pretty dead on.

The fact that this movie was trying so much to be a comedy really frustrated me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The movie had it’s flaws but damn did I love it. That scene where Rey and Kylo were in the throne room with Snoke and they started cutting down all his guards. Fantastic.
Agreed, same goes for the scene when Holdo goes to Lightspeed, ramming into the empire ships was absolutely amazing, definitely did not expect that from a starwars film.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Back