DIY 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid mirrors on a non Hybrid Civic (4dr only)

K24power07

Eat-Sleep-Shift
Orlando, FL
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
2012 Honda Civic Hydrid Mirrors on a non Hybrid Civic (4dr 0nly)

Donor: 2012 Honda Civic 4dr Si

Tools : 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid mirrors Item#76208-TR2-305 L, 76258-TR2-305 R, Caps will be needed as well but depends on ur Color.

Wire Stripper
Electrical Tape/ Sodering if prefer.
8mm socket and Wrench and extender
Flat and Phillips screw driver
Dash panel removal tools (not neccessary if u do not have them)

Step 1: Remove Door panel (Driver side) only 2 screws, 1 behind the door handle and one under ur window controls and then pry ur panel off.
Step 2: Remove the plastic covering to expose yoor wirw harness and mirror screws.
Step 3: Remove your mirror 8mm socket and wrench with extender and remove the 3 lock nuts becareful to not lose them.
Step 4 : Wire Your Hybdrid mirrors Driver side will be (Yellow-Red, Yellow-Silver, Yellow-White) these are for powring your mirror, Signal Light(Purple- Negative, Light Purple-Power) Negative should be touching a good spot of bare metal of the door. You can splice the power with your front and rear signal light
Step 5: Remove Door panel (passenger side ) Reapeat step 1
Step 6: Repeat step 2
Step 7: Repeat step 3
Step 8: Wire your Hybrid mirrors passenger side will be ( Yellow-Silver-White, Blue-Silver, Blue-black) these power your mirror, Signal Light (Purple- Negative , Light Purple- Positive..
Step 9: Check your work and make sure signals are working , if not check Purple and light purple wire and reverse, You will not blow a fuse if wrong from my experience cuz i have already done it and then reverse it myself.
Step 10: Reverse order on putting in ur door panels and enjoy ur new mirrors... Thank you..

Step 1:
1358120068_G.jpg

1358120061_G.jpg

Step 4:
1358120053_G.jpg

Step5:
1358120072_G.jpg

Step 8:
1358120042_G.jpg

1358120035_G.jpg

Heres a walk though video:

View: http://youtu.be/4MIbEXwDRj0

Please leave to the Pros , I take no Responsibility for any damage following this DIY , Proceed on your own Risk.....

excellent-thank u for sharing pics, vid, instructions....on my hit list to do :)

FYI. You also have to purchase a skull cap that color-matches your car. The skull cap does not come with the mirror assembly parts listed in this article.
The price for all parts in the mod is at least $675.

FYI. You also have to purchase a skull cap that color-matches your car. The skull cap does not come with the mirror assembly parts listed in this article.
The price for all parts in the mod is at least $675.
Yea i mention that in the OP , "Caps will be needed as well but depends on ur Color" thats why i didnt add that part number, but ill be more specific in the OP, 675 is a pretty high estimate i didnt pay close to that. And from the time ive purchased mine the price has gone down..

Yea i mention that in the OP , "Caps will be needed as well but depends on ur Color" thats why i didnt add that part number, but ill be more specific in the OP, 675 is a pretty high estimate i didnt pay close to that. And from the time ive purchased mine the price has gone down..
Ah, ok. Sorry...I guess I read over it.
The price I posted is for brand new parts from online dealers.

Just wondering out loud, but could you not just order two 'light units', housing left and right, and the skull caps and make your own harness? I would assume that the base should be the same between all the cars, just the options differ. CHH doesn't have a diagram for the Hybrid yet, just the part numbers, and a description.

Just wondering out loud, but could you not just order two 'light units', housing left and right, and the skull caps and make your own harness? I would assume that the base should be the same between all the cars, just the options differ. CHH doesn't have a diagram for the Hybrid yet, just the part numbers, and a description.
Sure, you could just splice wires together and just toss out the harnesses, but I'm guessing most people like myself would rather avoid cutting into any of the existing wires if at all possible.
Generally, I like to retain the option to restore back to factory should it be needed since the new parts are more valuable to resell than your original parts.

Back