2012+ Honda Civic Suspension Options With Product Info & Links

well Torrance is kinda far still. If Im around the area I would. However If you have a jack that i can use and let me turn my strut and cut bumps I would :D I got stands/tools

Last edited:
Hmmm , hahaha when i cut my bump stop it took me 1 1/2 hrs , if you can do that then ,i allow you to use our APARTMENT PARKING SPACE . I just use the provided jack by honda

Tools you need is 17mm ,19mm 14mm,12mm socket wrench ,wrench ,deep wrench . , impact wrench driver ,we don't have a socket bybthe prking loy ,we can use 18v battery powered impact wrench , i used a makita impact drill 12v which is i just borrowed from a friend . Just bring a lot of tools , ill be able to help you wednesday and thursday next week !! How about that ?

Tools you need is 17mm ,19mm 14mm,12mm socket wrench ,wrench ,deep wrench . , impact wrench driver ,we don't have a socket bybthe prking loy ,we can use 18v battery powered impact wrench , i used a makita impact drill 12v which is i just borrowed from a friend . Just bring a lot of tools , ill be able to help you wednesday and thursday next week !! How about that ?

Sounds good. Ill PM you.

"Yes, the measurements in this thread 100% prove that we're just barely off the bump stops until a driver gets in the car. With a 100lb+ driver, an STI is sitting on its bump stops. And, of course, all lowering springs put the car well onto its bump stops.

Here's the thing about lowering springs. If a spring lowers the car 1", it's lowering the car approximately 1" onto the bump stops. However, here's why trimming the bump stop won't actuallyhelp: if you were to trim your bump stops that full inch, you'd end up lowering your car.

Think about it. Your lowering springs are designed to lower the car on untrimmed bump stops. By cutting the bump stops, you'll end up putting 100-150lbs more weight on the spring. On most springs, that translates to about half an inch of travel. Trimming your stops will thus lower your car another half inch- not just putting you on your bump stopsagain, but doing so with almostzero bump travel left in the strut. There's no way to win.

I have to say, speaking strictly from this data, that lowering springs on stock and all stock-length struts are a bad idea. All of them- even the "good" ones that people like. Lowering shouldalways be done up front via RCE's lowering camber plates because they do not compromise suspension travel.

Since I've done this modification, I've noticed the tendency of the car to understeer on corner entry is gone. IMO that was always the fatal flaw of the STI's handling, and it seems the fix is free!"

---subaru forum

Means my car will be almost 2 in drop in front..... damn (pretty close to your 0.4 in difference ). I dunno how i feel about this. FML

Last edited by a moderator:
On page 81 on thread " official lowered sedan thread " you'll see a cut bump stop . That's exactly how i did mine .

From: http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/eibach-news/honda_civic_2012-13_sportline

Notice OE spring rates are also listed.

SPORTLINE—2012-13 HONDA CIVIC​ DATA:

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
FRONT:
OE Si rate:
29 N/mm (165 lbs/in)
OE non-Si rate: 23 N/mm (131 lbs/in)
SPORTLINE rate: 20-38-61 N/mm (114-216-347 lbs/in)
Tubing: Yes
Bump-stop: New Eibach bump-stop
Damper: OE
OE Sportline wheel center to fender: 371 mm (146 in)
OE non-Sl wheel center to fender: 376 mm (14.8 in)
Sportline wheel center to fender: 325 mm (12.8 in)
Front Alignment:
honda_civic_2012-13_sportline_front.jpg
OE Camber =
-0.07 +/-0.50 deg
OE Caster = 5.37 +/-0.5 deg
OE Toe = 0.0 +/-0.14 deg
Sportline Camber = -0.1 deg
Sportline Caster = 5.8 deg
Sportline Toe = 0.0 deg
Approximate installation time: 1.0 hr
REAR:
OE Si rate:
44 N/mm (251 lbs/in)
OE non-Si rate: 32 N/mm (185 lbs/in)
SPORTLINE rate: 17-54-74 N/mm (97-308-422 lbs/in)
Tubing: Yes
Bump-stop: New Eibach bump-stop
Damper: OE
OE Si wheel center to fender: 368 mm (14.5 in)
OE non-Sl wheel center to fender: 376 mm (14.8 in)
SPORTLINE wheel center to fender: 330 mm (13.0 in)
Please note: Spring rates are measured as a system of the front or rear suspension. 10 mm of bump-stop deflection is included in the final rate of the system. Lowering numbers are based on sedan model.
Rear Alignment:
honda_civic_2012-13_sportline_rear.jpg

OE Camber =
-0.87 +/-0.50 deg.
OE Total Toe = 0.14 deg. -0.07/+0.14 deg
SPORTLINE Camber = -1.2 deg. (5.67470K installed)
SPORTLINE Total Toe = 0.14 deg
SPORTLINE kit will require rear alignment kit 5.67470K to align camber to OE specifications.
Approximate installation time: 1.0 hr

any opinions with one is better?? Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers For SI or Tein Street Basis Coilover For SI ? moneys tight so im not really looking to spend more than $1000 on coils. i could use some advice.

Spend the extra money and get the Tein Street Advance. You get adjustable damping and the difference is only $160ish. You will have much more control over the ride with the Tein Advance instead of the Basis. They are $1095 from @wesellcarparts one of the forum vendors.

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=9813

If you have to stay under $1000 The K-Sports are pretty decent also. They have the adjustable damping and also pillowball mounts for camber adjustment in the front. They are currently listed for $966 from @CorSport who are another great forum vendor.

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_322&products_id=22689

They are very similar but are lacking a couple features that you can find on different setups for the same price. If you were to get a really really good deal on a closeout set that would be a different story.

They are very similar but are lacking a couple features that you can find on different setups for the same price. If you were to get a really really good deal on a closeout set that would be a different story.

oh okay! sounds good. im going to go with the tien street version. if its just a couple bucks more but has more features (plus better quality i hope) than its more worth it in the long run. thanks a lot for your input!! you guys are great!!!

Hi

I'm new on this forum!

I would like to upgrade my spring for the Eibach Pro kit
I don't want to get something too stiff for my daily use.

Just a question, I have to something else with this kit for the camber?
I just bought a new set of Michelin PSS and I don't want to scrap them too fast...

Thanks for your help!

Back