Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I have always wondered how it got passed the pedestrian safety crap. Hate to say it, but if a person dies or looses a limb from being hit by that "quarter panel", Elon is gona have to pay out a ton of cash and regulators might possibly shutdown the silver turd.

I have always wondered how it got passed the pedestrian safety crap. Hate to say it, but if a person dies or looses a limb from being hit by that "quarter panel", Elon is gona have to pay out a ton of cash and regulators might possibly shutdown the silver turd.

Because Elon got it passed....

maybe he said its all a beta version of the design, just like the software?

Welp, it finally happened. Life's necessities forced me into choices I didn't want to make.
Not only am I moving apartments in two weeks unplanned, I accidentally stumbled into a Honda dealership this afternoon and got a 2024 Civic Touring stuck on my shoe.

View attachment 66459View attachment 66460

Not having driven a car in at least five years has definitely taken its toll. I was all stressed out having to drive the whole five miles home.
I then immediately curbed one the wheels because I'm that dumb.
Anyway, I haven't had much time for pics and haven't eaten at all today yet, so this is all I've got for now.

...pssst. Don't tell anybody, but I kind of like this car.
Four-month review: I haven't driven it in four months. Still 27 miles.
Does this make me a bad person?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

I cant comprehend being able to live without having to jump in a car to go anywhere

Four-month review: I haven't driven it in four months. Still 27 miles.
Does this make me a bad person?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

:eek:

I cant comprehend being able to live without having to jump in a car to go anywhere

^ This.

It is quite liberating.
I make great use of that extra free time by being as lazy as possible.

Like do you walk/talk public transportation everywhere?

claimed almost $60k in moving expenses on my taxes for last year. getting a lot back, biggest return ive ever had. today is a good day.

How do you claim moving expenses on taxes? Not sure we can do that down here.. Can we? lol
Not that I'm ever moving nor is it going to cost $60k to move stuff.

:eek:

^ This.

How do you claim moving expenses on taxes? Not sure we can do that down here.. Can we? lol
Not that I'm ever moving nor is it going to cost $60k to move stuff.
its an option here. it factors in the commision and legal fees on selling my house as well. it was over 20k just to move my house and car.

no desire to just "go for a drive"? I'd think you'd be all excited and want to just go somewhere in the car for the fun of driving it?

I couldn't justify the payment (or if not making payments - the lump sum to buy the car) + insurance if I wasn't driving the car...

Public transportation. It is a literal 10-min free bus ride to work and back.
I get everything delivered, including groceries. That's how I managed to not own a vehicle for all nine years prior.
no desire to just "go for a drive"? I'd think you'd be all excited and want to just go somewhere in the car for the fun of driving it?
Not in this area. Traffic sucks. I wouldn't mind going for a drive if I had a reason to, it just doesn't interest me all that much since I'm so comfortable with having everything brought to me.
I couldn't justify the payment (or if not making payments - the lump sum to buy the car) + insurance if I wasn't driving the car...
Same here, which is why it is questionable as to whether I will keep it past 2024. I have one more good use for it, but I don't know when that day will be.
Until then, it's worth paying the note to have the option.

Same here, which is why it is questionable as to whether I will keep it past 2024. I have one more good use for it, but I don't know when that day will be.
Have you thought about purchasing a cheaper car just to have in case its needed? Sell the Civic and buy like a $5000-$10000 car? The place my mind goes is what if there is an emergency where you needed quick transport(not to the level of needing an ambulance)?

Have you thought about purchasing a cheaper car just to have in case its needed? Sell the Civic and buy like a $5000-$10000 car? The place my mind goes is what if there is an emergency where you needed quick transport(not to the level of needing an ambulance)?
Not really. There are plenty of ride share services here, and the nearest hospital is a little over a mile away. My apartment complex also has 24/7 concierge within a 30-foot walking distance, so I can completely ruin their week should I have a mild heart attack.
I'm also single and don't have any responsibilities, so there hasn't been a need to have quick access to any vehicle.
In the past there used to be a service called ZipCar that was readily available within walking distance. They allow car rentals by the hour, so it was convenient. But during the pandemic, they pulled out of the local area. Had they not, I would not have even considered buying a car at all.

I'll give you fair market value for the Civic. $15k :)
It's used with 27 miles! :giggle:

Not really. There are plenty of ride share services here, and the nearest hospital is a little over a mile away. My apartment complex also has 24/7 concierge within a 30-foot walking distance, so I can completely ruin their week should I have a mild heart attack.
I'm also single and don't have any responsibilities, so there hasn't been a need to have quick access to any vehicle.
In the past there used to be a service called ZipCar that was readily available within walking distance. They allow car rentals by the hour, so it was convenient. But during the pandemic, they pulled out of the local area. Had they not, I would not have even considered buying a car at all.
Why do you have car payments???!

Why do you have car payments???!
...because I didn't want to drop all $32k in cash? The car will be paid in full by the end of the year anyway.
how about going to one of the smithsonians? longer drive to the beach?
Only a fool would drive to the Smithsonian. The subway is the way to go there, but I already did all the tourist stuff 20 years ago when I got to this area.
The beach isn't a bad idea, but that's a long trip that would need to be planned out for the future.

Back